All reviews mary's hospital underground parking pancake machine shared parking lot stayed at the holiday inn mayo clinic within walking distance quiet at night a great stay free breakfast biscuits and gravy other hotels in the area one night stay comfortable bed free shuttle fitness room up to date
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a visit to Mayo Clinic. Stopped in prior to check in to inquire about parking and utilizing the shuttle service; the person working the front desk was hustling to help people and was very informative. Unfortunately we missed the 11:30 shuttle and the next one wasn't due until 12:50. He was more than willing to allow us to park early but it didn't work out time-wise for us. When we went back to check in later in the day there wasn't anyone at the front desk. There were people in the back talking and it took a couple minutes for them to come out. Maybe a bell at the desk when people have to step away or have other duties to complete? Upon checking in I inquired about a white noise machine having read up on other reviews, nope none available. The room was fairly clean-it looked as though someone had spilled a cup of coffee down the wall behind the door and it was never cleaned up. Overall the room was clean with some areas that could have used more attention. It is noisy, especially if your room faces the hwy. Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly. I am loyal to IHG hotels but for return trips to Mayo we will be checking out other hotels in the area.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Robyn W
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear Roby W,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I really value our guest feedback and I appreciate the time you took to give us yours. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the bell. I will make sure to share your comment wit my staff to insure all areas are improved. Please give us a call the next time you are in town. We would love it if you could give us a second chance to provide you with excellent service!

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Thought that the traffic was driving at the foot of the bed. No, way can a person get any sleep. When having a room above you it sounds like elephants are up walking around. The biscuits are cold and hard. Staff was friendly

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank tourist2
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear tourist2,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the highway noise and the biscuits. I have spoken with my breakfast hot and assure you that the problem has been taken care of. I also wanted to let you know that we do offer ear plugs and a white noise machine at the front desk. Again, thank you so much for letting us know about your stay and I am very sorry for the inconvenience you felt. Hopefully you will give our property a second chance.

Melany Lapland

Reviewed October 25, 2017

This is a nice hotel with all the basics you will need if you have a loved one in St. Mary's Hospital. Make sure you grab dinner as you make your way back to the hotel at one of the many restaurants located along the way. There are less expensive hotels in the area but this one is very convenient. There is a shuttle to the clinic although we didn't use it.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Mom2_4boys44881
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear Mom2_4boys44881,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stayed with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

The hotel feels fresh and new in the current Holiday Inn Express style. Basically what you would expect from a well-managed Holiday Inn Express. It is in a great location near the main thoroughfares of Rochester and also the Mayo properties. It is also within steps of a couple of affordable dining options. I stayed as part of a large group and Jaaron, the Guest Service Manager, was very helpful with that group reservation process. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt481

Dear Matt481,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I really appreciate you mentioning Jaaron as he is a key to our well-managed hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

In town for Mayo Clinic. Good location and good value. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Wonderful pool with walk in access. Breakfast is WONDERFUL. More hotels should invest in Pancake machines. Will stay here anytime I'm in Rochester!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Darrell D

Dear Darrell D,

I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Our Express Start Breakfast is one of our favorite features! Specially the pancake machine. I wish I could have one at home. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.