All reviewsmary's hospitalunderground parkingpancake machineshared parking lotstayed at the holiday innmayo clinicwithin walking distancequiet at nighta great stayfree breakfastbiscuits and gravyother hotels in the areaone night staycomfortable bedfree shuttlefitness roomup to date
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

My mother and I stayed her before some Mayo visits. It was a wonderful stay. Nice breakfast, friendly staff, and most important . . . a clean room. The location is convenient with being close to the clinics and restaurants. If you are a walker, the clinics are only 6-9 blocks away or there is a shuttle. Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear Mayo,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are close to the medical facilities or like you said we do have a free medical shuttle. We hope that we can be your home away from home soon again!

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We stayed in a suite. Very clean and updated. The suite does not have a separate room or separate TV. It is only separated by a stub wall about 3 feet wide, otherwise one big open room. Check in fast and friendly. Staff very helpful. Good free breakfast compared to other hotels. Room quiet, beds comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2017

The hotel was easy to find, got a good night sleep and did not hear any dogs. I did not know this was a pet friendly hotel until we arrived as my friend booked the rooms, but we did not hear any barking during our stay. The kids loved the pool and the hot tub was decent. The continental breakfast was good and the kids loved the cinnamon rolls. My only complaint would be they did not have any cleaning supplies in the fitness room to wipe down the machines after use.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Very clean and up to date hotel. Beds were comfortable, room was clean and spacious, bathroom updated and a solid breakfast buffet. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. I got a great night sleep and enjoyed my brief stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for odd numbers if you want to be away from Highway 52
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here several times. This visit not the best. Positives are comfortable beds, quiet, and all appliances working well.
Negatives were

A. Tub drain was plugged. Water to our ankles when taking shower.
B. No complimentary water and NO water available for purchase. Small water cooler in lobby with no cups available.
C. No staff at front desk when inquiring about cups and reporting drain no staff available.
D. Breakfast quality less than in past. Dried up scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy. Sausages were good along with cinnamon rolls.
E. Bathroom floor sticky. Shoes stuck to the floor.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimm8117
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. I can reassure you that I have notified our maintenance department and they have fixed the plugged drain. Again, thank you so much for letting us know of the issue and we hope to see you again the next time you are in town.