Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Park Forest, Illinois
“Fantastic Hotel!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

If your looking for a clean, nice and comfortable stay while in Rochester MN definitely go to the Holiday Inn Express!!! I could not be more pleased with this hotel. During my surgery at Mayo my husband stayed here. When I had complications with my surgery and ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks the staff worked wonderfully with my husband to extend his stay without any problems. We even had friends/family donate points for certain days and had to pay for other days and the staff had no issues getting this all processed for us despite how confusing it all was. When I was released from the hospital the doctors asked that I stay in town a few more days before flying home. I got to experience first hand the comfort of the bed, the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. They even referred to my husband by his first name since he had been there so long and asked him every day how I was doing when he returned from visiting me in the hospital. Made us feel right at home. The underground parking was nice during the cold days and the continental breakfast was fantastic with tons of variety to choose from. Also there is a Cherry Berry, Cousins Subs, Toppers pizza and a credit union/atm all in the same lot in walking distance of the hotel. They also have guest washer and dryer and have soap you can buy at the front desk. This came in handy when my husband ended up having to stay longer when my hospital stay was extended. Will definitely stay here again if we return to Rochester.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. There is a laundry room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. Reading your review warms my heart and is something I will be sharing with our staff. Many times our guests visit our hotel with uncertainty about the length of their stay and I'm very happy we could accommodate you during your extended stay here in Rochester.

Next, I must admit that I too am an avid fan of Cherry Berry, Toppers Pizza, and Cousins Subs right in our parking lot. These dining opportunities offer a great variety of options for those staying longer periods to time.

Again, thank you for the kind words and the staff and I look forward to the opportunity to host you on the occassion you find yourself in Rochester.

Thank-you,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hernando, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's the newest hotel in the city of Rochester and everything was fresh and clean!!!!!!!
Comfortable bed (King), pillows, wide screen TV and you could not hear any doors banging!!!!
Very polite people at the check-in desk too!!!!!!! The Continental Breakfast area served wonderful everything!!!!!
We will stay there again when we return!!!!!!!
AAAAAAA+++++++

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank honestabe36
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. The staff and I take great pride in the work we do making each guest's stay extraordinary. Your feedback is valuable to the success of our facility.

I have yet to try the beds but we are receiving rave reviews about the comfort of our beds lately. but more importantly I will be sure to share your positive remarks with our staff. They truly are what separates us from our competitors.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again. Thank-you,
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Actually live in the area, had to be out of the house for the weekend. Rochester has many very good hotel choices. Holiday Inn Express West is new, thought I'd give it a try. Very, very comfortable place. Spacious rooms. I upgraded for a small fee to a suite, plenty of room, bed is comfortable, adequately appointed with the customary needs and necessities. I was surprised to see there is a pool, workout room, heated underground parking, conference room and fairly extensive breakfast. Easy walk to the many places to eat. Yes you are in the center of a medical community so you hear Mayo One (helicopter), it's part of being in Rochester. Also interested to note that I did not hear any traffic noise. Certainly will recommend, and stay again if the opportunity presents.

Room Tip: Suite is worth the small upgrade in price.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RGTravelIng
Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester, West Medical. The staff and I strive everyday to exceed all of our guest expecations and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I will be sure to pass the great words of praise onto our staff and I look forward to the opportunity to host you as our future guest. Thank-you,
Venice, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice new hotel and reasonable rates. The staff is excellent and the breakfast was also very good. The hot cinnamon buns were excellent. The hotel has an underground garage with an elevator that goes right to your floor. The rooms are very large and as would be expected very well furnished. The lobby area has several large leather chairs and a couch with a large screen television. The staff was nice and personable. They do not yet have a shuttle to the clinic. I absolutely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester, West Medical Center. Comments such as yours are essential to the success of our hotel's operations.

First let me say, I too agree the hot cinnamon rolls are very tastey! The cinnamon rolls are very popular and go well with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. Next, I want to thank you for the comments you shared regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments about our great staff as well.

Once again, thank you for the great comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.
New Hampshire USA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent a week staying at the new (9/12) Holiday Inn Epress while at a meeting in Rochester. The property is about three miles from the convention center but only a few blocks from the St. Mary's Campus Hospital building.
The Inn delivered on all its promises. I had an East-facing room (note earlier reviews) and noted no road noise. There was occasional helicopter noise, but I think this may be a general feature of Rochester. The room was spacious and clean. The TV was HD, although local network channels were not HD (but ESPN, FOX, TBS etc. were) Free wireless internet access was prompt. The no-charge-added breakfast was more than continental; there were eggs, sausage, biscuits and pancakes as well as the typical bagels and jam. There was pretty good coffee close to 24/7. The front desk clerks and housekeepers were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. There is a washer/dryer on each floor; mine worked well.
From here I used a car to go to the meetings at the civic center. Parking at the Inn was free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank potscrubber
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback you provided regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical, Rochester, MN. Feedback such as your's is invaluable to the success of our hotel. We use this information to improve our facilities where possible.

I want to thank you for commending our front desk and housekeeping team members who work so hard to make sure all of our guests expectations are exceeded. I would also have to agree with you regarding our Express Start Breakfast which offers more variety then just breads and muffins. I have to admit the hot eggs, sausage and biscuits are very popular among our guests.

Once again thank you for the great remarks! I will be sure to share these with our team members and hope to see you again when you need a great place to stay in Rochester.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found this by accident because it just opened in June and we were there the first weekend in August. It is a brand new property, so everything was fresh and clean. The staff was exceptional. We were greeted like old friends and immediately upgraded to a King Suite. The check in personnel took the time to give us a briefing on the area, including dining suggestions and directions to a store my wife wanted to visit.
It was a girls state softball tournament and there were several families staying there. No problem at all. Our room was quiet and it must have been a great group of families because there were no disturbances at all.
They have underground parking available and I took advantage because storms were predicted. Excellent choice, it was pouring when we wanted to go out in the morning, but we were dry since we parked inside and it had stopped raining when we reached our destination.
I will be staying there next time I am in Rochester and recommend this hotel to other without reservation. Great location, great property and great value. Very near to St. Mary's and only a few blocks from the other Rochester hospitals/clinics. Right on 2nd St.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King Suite and the extra room really made the experience more comfortable. We...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Professor H
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you Professor Holland for your wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. My staff and I are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at our new hotel. Your travel tips are great ideas and agree that if your a light sleeper guests should be sure to inquire about being placed on the east side of the building. I'm also glad you took advantage of our garage parking. I know this will be very popular in the winter months.

Again, thank you for your great comments. Feedback such as yours help us to continue to strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express we can be exceeding all of our guest expectations. We hope to see you again.
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We did not have reservations, as we did not know where we would end up that day, we walked in & were given quick, friendly, great service. Very comfortable king size room. Did not hear any road noise, especially good since it is across the street from the hospital. Lots of variety for breakfast. Very clean hotel. Will plan on staying here or any other Holiday Inn Express again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlandmarcia
Thank you for your comments on your recent posting on Trip Advisor.com on September4, 2012. Feedback such as yours is wonderful and truly warms our hearts and gives us motivation to continue to do what we do best and that is to exceed all of our customers expectations. I know I speak for my staff in saying that we are delighted that you had a great stay. I will be sure that your wonderful comments are shared with our staff and we look forward to the opportunity to host your stay whenever your lodging needs bring you through our doors.