“Fresh, clean and really nice new hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Venice, Florida
“Fresh, clean and really nice new hotel.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice new hotel and reasonable rates. The staff is excellent and the breakfast was also very good. The hot cinnamon buns were excellent. The hotel has an underground garage with an elevator that goes right to your floor. The rooms are very large and as would be expected very well furnished. The lobby area has several large leather chairs and a couch with a large screen television. The staff was nice and personable. They do not yet have a shuttle to the clinic. I absolutely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester, West Medical Center. Comments such as yours are essential to the success of our hotel's operations.

First let me say, I too agree the hot cinnamon rolls are very tastey! The cinnamon rolls are very popular and go well with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. Next, I want to thank you for the comments you shared regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments about our great staff as well.

Once again, thank you for the great comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New Hampshire USA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent a week staying at the new (9/12) Holiday Inn Epress while at a meeting in Rochester. The property is about three miles from the convention center but only a few blocks from the St. Mary's Campus Hospital building.
The Inn delivered on all its promises. I had an East-facing room (note earlier reviews) and noted no road noise. There was occasional helicopter noise, but I think this may be a general feature of Rochester. The room was spacious and clean. The TV was HD, although local network channels were not HD (but ESPN, FOX, TBS etc. were) Free wireless internet access was prompt. The no-charge-added breakfast was more than continental; there were eggs, sausage, biscuits and pancakes as well as the typical bagels and jam. There was pretty good coffee close to 24/7. The front desk clerks and housekeepers were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. There is a washer/dryer on each floor; mine worked well.
From here I used a car to go to the meetings at the civic center. Parking at the Inn was free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank potscrubber
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback you provided regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical, Rochester, MN. Feedback such as your's is invaluable to the success of our hotel. We use this information to improve our facilities where possible.

I want to thank you for commending our front desk and housekeeping team members who work so hard to make sure all of our guests expectations are exceeded. I would also have to agree with you regarding our Express Start Breakfast which offers more variety then just breads and muffins. I have to admit the hot eggs, sausage and biscuits are very popular among our guests.

Once again thank you for the great remarks! I will be sure to share these with our team members and hope to see you again when you need a great place to stay in Rochester.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found this by accident because it just opened in June and we were there the first weekend in August. It is a brand new property, so everything was fresh and clean. The staff was exceptional. We were greeted like old friends and immediately upgraded to a King Suite. The check in personnel took the time to give us a briefing on the area, including dining suggestions and directions to a store my wife wanted to visit.
It was a girls state softball tournament and there were several families staying there. No problem at all. Our room was quiet and it must have been a great group of families because there were no disturbances at all.
They have underground parking available and I took advantage because storms were predicted. Excellent choice, it was pouring when we wanted to go out in the morning, but we were dry since we parked inside and it had stopped raining when we reached our destination.
I will be staying there next time I am in Rochester and recommend this hotel to other without reservation. Great location, great property and great value. Very near to St. Mary's and only a few blocks from the other Rochester hospitals/clinics. Right on 2nd St.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King Suite and the extra room really made the experience more comfortable. We...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Professor H
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you Professor Holland for your wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. My staff and I are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at our new hotel. Your travel tips are great ideas and agree that if your a light sleeper guests should be sure to inquire about being placed on the east side of the building. I'm also glad you took advantage of our garage parking. I know this will be very popular in the winter months.

Again, thank you for your great comments. Feedback such as yours help us to continue to strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express we can be exceeding all of our guest expectations. We hope to see you again.
Mason City, Iowa
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We did not have reservations, as we did not know where we would end up that day, we walked in & were given quick, friendly, great service. Very comfortable king size room. Did not hear any road noise, especially good since it is across the street from the hospital. Lots of variety for breakfast. Very clean hotel. Will plan on staying here or any other Holiday Inn Express again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlandmarcia
Thank you for your comments on your recent posting on Trip Advisor.com on September4, 2012. Feedback such as yours is wonderful and truly warms our hearts and gives us motivation to continue to do what we do best and that is to exceed all of our customers expectations. I know I speak for my staff in saying that we are delighted that you had a great stay. I will be sure that your wonderful comments are shared with our staff and we look forward to the opportunity to host your stay whenever your lodging needs bring you through our doors.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great place to stay (rooms are always clean) and as expected the free breakfast was hot and fresh. The front desk staff was over the top helping with directions and help icing down our cooler. Very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ralph L
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent lodging experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical Center. Comments such as yours help us to recognize those employees are are exceeding our customers expectations. I will surely share your great comments with all of our staff. I'm very proud of the great work they do taking care of our customers. Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and my staff and I hope to see you again.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This Hotel, which has just opened is absolutely the best hotels in Rochester. We have been coming here for 2 years and staying at various hotels, but will never even consider anywhere else from now on. Everyone on staff was so friendly. The place was impeccably clean and cared for. Anyone planning on coming to the MAYO should have this place #1 on your list!!! I would also book early, as the word gets out about this place, they will ALWAYS be full.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent lodging experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Rochester, MN. Your wonderful comments warm our hearts and give us fuel to work even harder to impress all of our future guests. Thank you once again for your great words of kindness and my staff and I look forward to the next time we have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest!
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is clean, convenient, well run and modern. I highly recommend this property. It has easy access to St Mary's hospital and is a twenty minute walk from the Mayo clinic. The only negative is proximity to the highway and road noise. The management of this hotel is first rate and I will stay here whenever I visit Rochester.

Room Tip: Stay on the East side, non-highway side by asking for an odd numbered room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tullymore
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rochester, MN. My staff and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the time when we can see you again. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and continue to work to exceed all of our guests expectations. Thanks again!