“Great place!”

Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is our second time and second stay at Aspen. Great rooms, nice staff, and calming atmosphere will keep us coming back. The rooms are spacious and clean, and quite. Nice complimentary breakfast and located close to other restaurants and downtown. Fast Internet service in every room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I primarily chose Aspen Suites due to it's proximity to St. Mary's Hospital where my husband was to have surgery. I have never been so impressed with hotel as I have with Aspen! It was new, fresh and well appointed. The breakfast was plentiful and even on Tues. thru Thurs. evenings, they serve a light supper for their guests! That's going above and beyond in my book! With all of this, you'd expect higher rates, but that was another wonderful surprise! Another bonus was the Canadian Honker restaurant right next door - Excellent food!

1 Thank Denise B
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We booked a suite at this facility on trip advisor, as this was our first visit to Mayo Clinic. My husband and I accompanied our college age son to his appointment. I booked this reservation online through trip advisor , and was given a rate of $89.00. However, when we went to check out 5 days later, the hotel did not honor this rate. We were told that it was because my husband did not mention this"special rate" upon check in. When I tried to discuss this with the hotel manager, she stated that the charges had been processed and there was nothing that she could do. I explained to her that no where on line did it state that this rate had to "be mentioned" upon check in. Please, be cautious.

6 Thank kl2654
AspenManagement, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We are very sorry that your experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations. TripAdvisor is a great resource for finding hotels, but does not handle the reservation process - it would be booking.com or something else. In order to use the coupon - you need to call the hotel directly to make the reservation. What we tried to explain to you upon check-out is stated clearing on our coupon, it reads "Must mention this special offer at the time of reservation and present unexpired coupon at check-in. Offer good first night of stay only. Not valid with other discounts - not valid if presented after check-in. " It is important for us to maintain integrity at the hotel and treat all our guests equally and fairly. I am so sorry you were confused, we will continue to work on this to make it more clear for our guests in the future and appreciate your comments.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was in Rochester in the past and was looking for a hotel that included a kitchenette. I found that and more at the Aspen Suites in Rochester, MN. This hotel was perfect. The location is great, only a few minutes from Mayo Clinic and the shuttle service is great. If you choose not to cook in your room, there is a fabulous restaurant right next door, The Canadian Honker, loved that place!! The suite was very roomy, everything was exceptionally clean and spacious. It was very quiet, I did not hear any noise while in my room. The bed was very comfortable. Addiitionally, while traveling to the Aspen Suites I came across some very bad weather and had to stop in LaCrosse for the night. I called Aspen and explained the situation. The very extremely gracious about not charging me for my room that night, even when I called at 7:00 pm. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel, it is a beautiful hotel with everything that I was looking for an more. This is my new home for my annual trips to Mayo!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here while family member in hospital for nearly a month at St Marys/Mayo Clinic. Felt like we were 'coming home' after long days at the hospital. Warm welcoming environment. Cozy fireplace off lobby to have breakfast, use computers or catch up on the news. Light fare to eat some evenings. Friendly staff...from front desk to housekeeping to brunch area. Nice (free) laundry facilities. Room flexibility was great...we had two beds, a mini kitchen with nice refrigerator, and living area with hide-a-bed. Worked well with family coming and going and at different times of the day as could close off bedroom. Right across street from St Marys Hospital and next to a family style restaurant so very convenient! Covered parking underneath hotel so nor worries with all kinds of weather that we had in April and May in MN. We had to change our departure date a couple of times and they were very flexible, understanding and accommodating. Highly recommend!

Edina, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had to stay in a hotel by myself while my husband was in St. Mary's Hospital for surgery. I felt completely comfortable and safe. It was a very simple walk across the street and you were at the front door of the hospital. The large breakfast was a huge bonus and the front desk service was excellent. My room was very spacious and essentially brand new. We will definitely utilize this hotel in the future for doctor appointments and/or visits. If I would have had my daughter traveling with me, the downside is there is no pool; but there is a hot tub and large game/activities area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Staci R
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I originally chose the Aspen Suites because it was just that, a suite. The suite’s 2-bed separate bedroom, 2 TVs, recliner, sofa-bed and kitchen area, was just what we needed while my husband had surgery at St. Mary’s hospital. Everything was comfortable and there was plenty of room for 3 adults in this almost apartment type suite. It offered the perfect arrangement for my husband to recover after surgery.
The location was the other reason, because it is directly across the street from the hospital and my daughter and I could walk there every day. Everything was really great; a home-like atmosphere, clean, spacious and newly updated, along with the free breakfast you couldn’t ask for more! Our stay was made so much more comfortable by the Aspen Suites staff. Due to our circumstances with a medical stay, our original booking needed to be extended more than once and the staff was very understanding and accommodating.
Because everything was so wonderful, I booked another stay for our return for my husband’s post-op appointments and again, everything was just great…even in a 10 inch snow storm! Before we left from our second stay I booked our next stay a month in advance! I would highly recommend the Aspen Suites of Rochester.

Room Tip: We have stayed in two different styles of suites, they offer more than one type of suite, so be sure...