We had a One Bedroom Suite (Two Double Beds + Kitchen), and paid $129 for it (total) on Priceline. Value for money was pretty good, especially with free parking, internet, breakfast etc. Room was clean and quiet, and beds were comfortable. Especially liked the kitchen and the seating area with a TV + DVD player. And they even had a pack of popcorn in the room ready for your movie night (in case you wanted to get a little extra salt and fat in your system that is...)
There would be a couple of (minor) things to improve though... first of all, we didn't really appreciate receiving a call first after 8am and then again at 10am, only to remind us that the check-out time is at noon... it was totally unnecessary and annoying - we really would have remembered that very well without any of these calls as we were only staying for one night anyway!! So there went the much needed chance to sleep in, unfortunately...
Also, what comes to breakfast, coffee there was good and so was the cereal selection (my husband appreciated the bran cereal and fruit a lot)! However, I myself would have wanted to have a more "good-for-you" breakfast too but the selection was limited for me as I can't have dairy and therefore couldn't have the cereal or youghurt. I would suggest maybe replacing some of the donuts / muffins / waffles with some healthier alternatives (multi-grain, reduced-fat) - many of us guests are patients at the surrounding clinics/hospitals after all, so good nutrition wouldn't hurt the healing process as we all know, right...?! I would also have liked to see real plates and silverware instead of the styrofoam disposable cups and plates - especially in a hotel that concerns themselves with ecological aspects of other things like the laundry process and all (changing of towels only if needed etc. - which is a good idea of course!).
Finally, what comes to the cancellation policy of the hotel, it seems to be of "average" level in Rochester. They need to be notified at least 3 days in advance unlike some other places like the Hampton and Kahler Inns with more flexible cancellation policies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Aspen Suites in Rochester, MN! Located just off of Highway 52 and less than 10 miles from the Rochester International Airport. Whether you are in town on leisure or business travel, we invite you to experience our award winning hotel which is conveniently located directly across the street from St. Marys Hospital and less than 1 mile from downtown and the Mayo Clinic. Local businesses include IBM, Schmidt Printing, Kemps, Benchmark, University of Minnesota Rochester, and Rochester Community and Technical College.The Aspen Suites is an all suite hotel designed to let travelers feel more comfortable! Guests may choose from our studio, one bedroom, and the two bedroom/two bathroom suites; all featuring fully-equipped kitchens complete with full size refrigerators, 2 burner stoves, microwave oven and utensils.Our spacious living areas offer comfortable furniture and televisions with a DVD player. All rooms come with free high-speed Internet (wired and wireless), two phone lines and personalized voice mail, ample closet space and storage areas, 24-hour business center with computer terminals, complimentary guest laundry, fitness center, and whirlpool spa. All guests will enjoy a free deluxe breakfast every morning and an evening Suite Social on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings where we serve a light snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Aspen Suites Rochester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Rochester Hotel Rochester
- Rochester Staybridge Suites