“Won't be back”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to Thyme with a group of friends. The place was practically empty on a Saturday night (should have taken that as a sign). Despite the place being empty, the service was very poor. We were seated for probably 15 minutes before we even got a glass of water. The food was mediocre at best and the ambiance disappointing. First and last time we will be visiting Thyme.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had a want for Pizza, and I was going to go out and look for it. I did not have to. I checked into the Holiday Inn in downtown Rochester, MN, and right here in the hotel was a bar / restaurant that was saying some pretty bold things about their pizza. I had to put it to the test. I am one that likes lots of different styles, Chicago deep dish, NY Thin crust, Boston Greek, Maine sweet crust, California wild. I like them all, but in my mind I guess I consider them different things, compartmentalized. I ordered a small New York style with my favorite simple toppings, mushrooms & Italian sausage. After about 15 minutes I was served a piping hot 12" pie, and right away I was set to be disappointed. This was NOT a New York style. I was looking at a thin, saltine cracker consistency crust that said Chicago thin crust. I like Chicago thin crust, but I was suspicious of someone that would think this was NY thin. With my mind now wrapped around the idea of a mislabeled Chicago thin, like that of Pete's Pizza in Chicago or Jack's in Waukegan near m home I dug in. Rating this with Chicago thin in mind, this pizza is excellent. The sauce is much better than most, Jack's and Pete's included. I would have rated them higher, but someone thinking they were going to get a NY folding slice is bound to be a bit disappointed Someone willing to try it for what it is - Chicago thin, will probably love it as much as I did.

As for the rest of the experience, well, it's a hotel bar / restaurant.. The staff was super nice and attentive.

Fix the labeling of the Pizza and I'll call it excellent. Next time I'll have to try the other option - the Chicago deep dish. I have high hopes based on the thin,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were hoping to come to the restaurant and have a dinner that would be special. It turns out on Saturday night there were only a few people, When we asked the waitress for help she stated it was a new menu and did not have suggestions. I asked if the salmon was frozen and she stated she did not know.... Our group decided to try something simple Pizza and their salad special that won some awardThe pizzas take over 30 minutes and she did not offer a suggestion for other appetizers. She did not return to ask if we wished to have more wine. The salad was average. The two pizzas were large and tasteless. Three in the party had one piece and the rest was brought home We passed on dessert and went to another restaurant.
What to say the chef should taste the food and you should pass on this place. Within walking distance are so many excellent restaurants within walking distance. to waste your time here. It will go out of business unless they get their act together. We would have spent twice the money and the waitress would have had a bigger tip Very disappointing.

1  Thank Jwb04
Reviewed December 14, 2012

So I had to travel to Rochester for work for a week. Being the tripadvisor nut I am, I left the place located maybe 50 ft from me ( I was staying at the Holiday inn) for the last night. I sat down at the bar, alone, and instantly a taller skinny guy with a really cool accent greets me and pours me a beer. I order some jalapeno cheese curds and keep chatting. Halfway into the night he tells me his name is Bahama. I called B.S. and he shows me his id. Its legit, that is his name.

The place started to pick up, and he didnt skip a beat. I got the same service and conversation as if I was the only one there. I ordered another beer and kept talking.

After I finished my 2nd beer I decided to order the peanut butter burger to take back to my room. Which was amazing. Its 10 times better than what it sounds. Some crazy way, the peanut butter accents the meat.

I will label this place as a must go. If you are even close in the area, stop by. If you stay in the hotel its a given. I ate at several places this week. But, this one takes the cake. Come see Bahama, tell him Adam from Iowa sent you!!!!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently stayed close to this restaurant and frequented it.
We were always very satisified with the food, service and choices. It does not have a large menu but the menu has a lot of variety and everything we tried was very good. The prices were so reasonable. I certainly recommend Thyme Restaurant and Lounge.