“Avoid!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Wildwood Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #85 of 297 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Wildwood is the perfect local sports bar and grill for watching the most important games on TV. With great food, plenty of TVs to go around and a casual dining atmosphere, Wildwood is your go-to sports bar for any sporting event. There is always something going on at Wildwood. Check out our special events calendar for our live music schedule or to find out what promotions we are running for the big games of the night.
Rochester, Minnesota
“Avoid!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My boyfriend & I went there last night for the 1st time (Feb.8) and what little experience we had was horrible. If you like non-existent service, a long wait to be greeted followed by an even longer wait to receive a food menu, another long wait to get your drinks delivered, and for the waitress not to come back to your table at all--then this place is for you.

We arrived around 7 pm and it was busy, which was surprised me to see a sign that said "Please Seat Yourself". We grabbed a table and our waitress said she'd be with us in a minute. Several minutes went by before she came back to our table to take our drink order, no menus delivered to look at while we waited for our drinks. She came back with our drinks but waited again for several minutes before she brought us food menus.

Waiting for her to come back to take our food order was extremely long, a good 10 minutes. During this long wait, she (and another waitress) passed by our table several times and never stopped to see if we needed another drink or if we’d like to place our food order. About the 4th time she passed by our table, she said something like “I’ll be right back”. She never came back. We had been there almost 30-35 minutes and had one drink, which now were both empty and we still hadn’t placed a food order. We were both very irritated so we decided to leave. I walked over to our waitress who was at the bar and said we’d like to have our tab. She could tell I was not happy. In our waitress’s defense, she did pay for our 2 drinks and apologized.

What I couldn't figure out is why she just didn’t tell us that she was super busy or ask one of the other waitresses to take our food order and get it placed? After waiting 35 minutes and only having one drink, we didn’t want to sit there any longer because we didn’t know how long it would take for our food to come out, so we went somewhere else. If this is how they run this place, then they won’t last long.....

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hockeygirl55901
Jim N, Owner at Wildwood Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I would like to apologize for the poor/lack of service you received. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Please give us another chance to show you that we are better than your first impression.

Macomb, Illinois
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Buffalo chicken sandwich was good also the fries were very good. There were specials everyday and sometimes big specials at night. We would go back. We also met the owner he was nice.

• Visited January 2013
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My Wife and I are always looking for that great pub with great food and we came upon one today. After our lengthy ritual of discussing where to eat and driving around for the perfect spot we came across Wildwood. We were a bit reluctant because it was attached to a motel but gave it a try anyway. What a nice surprise!! I had thier special of the day, a chicken fried chicken with black pepper gravy and my wife had the Red Lake Rueben with Walleye. They were both great! The owner Jim waited on us and was very friendly. You could tell this guy cares about his food quality and his business. After sipping on a couple of pints of Leinie's Honey Weiss, having a great meal and such good service we decided that we will definitley be coming back again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Loopys D
Golftraveler50
“Great, little known spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Typical sports bar atmosphere, but great selection of food and drink, very well prepared. Quite a surprise. Ate there several times while staying at the Ramada, it was that good.

Visited January 2013
Rochester, MN
“Better and Better -- In Rochester's Top 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I offered a May 2012 review, but I want to offer another review now that seven months have passed. This place is a "bar," yes, but it also serves some of the best food in town. I would honestly rank it within Rochester's Top 5, and it's always one of the first places my wife and I mention when we're thinking about going out to eat.

Please be sure to try the boneless chicken wings. They're much better than anything you'll get at Buffalo Wild Wings or places like that. The French Onion soup is the best I've had in Rochester, and maybe anywhere. The desserts and sandwiches are all top quality, too.

As of Dec. 2012, this place was ranking about 80 out of 108, and that's ridiculous. It's much better than that, and it deserves a much higher ranking.

• Visited December 2012