“Great salad/soup”

Salad Brothers Cafe & Deli
Ranked #55 of 304 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 28, 2014

They have great salads and soup options but their daily specials can include hot sandwiches, taco salads or baked potatoes. It's yummy but can be a bit of a wait at lunch time, but most of the places can be a bit of wait. Don't forget to get the bread by the pop station!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We thought salad brothers was a good restaurant, we visited them many times and were satisfied until one morning my wife stopped by during her break to get soup, upon ordering the soup the bread was not yet made so she asked the gentleman taking the order if he could make some and he said, no problem she told him how many she wanted and asked if it was complementary as it always is, he said of course. My wife sat down and I paid. After returning to the table my wife noticed the receipt and asked why so much, I told her I thought that is what her soup cost, she said no. We called over the gentleman who charged us and asked and he said the owner/manager told him to charge extra for the bread, my wife and I were breathless, furthermore when talking to the owner/manager she told us "she is not a franchise and she can do whatever she wants, what are we going to do about it, and that customers will always come so what." My comment here is please be careful with Salad Brothers they are not ethical will up charge you without telling you and then give a non detailed receipt please save your money and shop at a business that respects its customers, which is clearly not salad brothers!
Thank you for your time in reading this.

10  Thank Louis P
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Loved the Minnesota Wild Rice soup. It was outstanding--a thick hearty soup on a cold winter day. The other soups are delicious, as well. The salads are also good, especially the vegetable ranch salad. Finally, the warm buttery breadsticks that come free (and as many as you want!) with every order are definitely worth it. The sandwiches were pre-made and refrigerated. This helped the speed of service, but it was not as fresh as we would have liked. The menu, which is written on a chalk board, is hard to decipher, but it does change frequently. Additionally, the portions are large for a fair price. In all, this is a great lunch stop if visiting Rochester and the Mayo Clinic for the value, portions, and speed of service.

1  Thank PostcardJar T
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Family had a nice meal with a salad, soup and chicken enchilada and nice yummy dinner roles.
I would have returned again while visiting the Mayo Clinic but they do not take American Express. Those loyal to Amex will notice and often not return.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were looking for a mid day meal near the Mayo Clinic and found this place in the subway. One of my favorite things is a good sandwich, so I decided to try one here. Maybe I was expecting too much but the sandwich was a little disappointing. Beyond the flavor of the ingredients the next most important thing about a sandwich is to have enough filling to cover the bread. I tried the chicken salad sandwich. The bread was fine and the chicken salad was good although undistinguished but the filling was only enough to cover half of the bread. Maybe they are trying to save money. I guess this place is OK if you need a quick lunch near the clinic.