Red Carpet Inn
Country Inn
$124
$105
  • Pool
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$64
$89
$229
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsfresh paintclimate controlcontinental breakfastwasher and dryerquiet areaplace to sleepper nightfree wifihotel roommicrowaveshuttlemayohallwayhospitalhousekeeping
Reviewed February 1, 2012

On the 22 of January we had reservation for the whole week. We arrived on the 22 Sunday. That day was cold and the roads were icy. When we arrived at the Red Carpet the steps up to the office were glare ice and the handicap walk was ice up so you couldn't use it. We made it up the steps and got in to get our room. Our room was on first floor and when we got in it, it was so warm that you couldn't sleep at night. There were no thermostat to control the heat. The ceiling was falling apart and look like mold had set in. The bath room looked like the paint was old and smelly. The blanket on the beds stunk and look like they hadn't been washed in years. The next day we decided to find another hotel. We had to climb the frozen step that were ice up and full of snow. Nothing was shoveled off or even salted. Even the hand rails were ice up. I am handicap and there was no way I could of use this hotel. It was lucky I had someone with me that could climb the steps and sign us out. Any business would of had there side walks cleaned off for their customers. I guess you get what you pay for here. I would not send my friends here or will I ever stay here again.

Room Tip: check it out before you stay here
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michel M
RedCarpetInnMN, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Dear Michel M,

I am truly sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory stay at our facilities. I have looked into the issues that you have had, and have addressed them immediately. I had spoke with our chief engineer with regards to the sidewalk and stair conditions on the night of your stay. He in fact did log that he had shoveled and salted the walk ways that day/evening but the weather on January 22 was quite severe. He said it was difficult to keep them dry because of the constant snowfall and rain that lasted almost 24 hours. To address this issue we have decided to do a continuous routine of salting and shoveling snow once every hour during a storm to ensure that all sidewalks, handicap ramps, and stairs are as cleared as possible. This night was a rare issue because of the severity of the weather, and I can assure you that all other days during winter all walkways are clear of snow and ice. We do truly apologize that conditions of walkways were not up to par during the night of your stay, and will ensure that this will not happen again. Another issue you had mentioned was the temperature of the room. I do apologize that the room was at too high of heat for you to get a comfortable night’s sleep. All rooms do have thermostat controls and individual climate settings. We are sorry you were unable to find it, but we do try to encourage all guest to simply call down to the office and let us know that you are having an issue so we have a chance to improve the quality of your stay and address the issue immediately. Since we were unaware of the issue unfortunately we were unable to adjust the heat for you or at least inform you as to where the thermostat was in the room. I have also looked into this issue and we are taking measure to fix this problem. We have gone through the rooms and made sure that all thermostats were set at a comfortable level. With regards to your issue with the blankets I apologize you were not satisfied. I can assure that we do regularly wash all bedding thoroughly. To ensure that all bedding is up to par I have addressed this issue by having our head housekeeper go through all the rooms and pull and blankets those are less than satisfactory and replace them with brand new blankets. Finally, we apologize about your bad experience with regards to the bathroom in the room you had stayed in. We have actually been in the process of remodeling all bathrooms on the first floor for over 2 months now. Over half of them are complete, and the remaining are tentatively being completed by the end of winter. We are sorry you were placed in a room that had not yet been remodeled, but all other rooms on the first floor were booked and a few were being remodeled so were out of inventory.

Once again, I myself, as well as the rest of the staff here at our facilities are truly sorry that your experience with us was less than satisfactory, and as you can see most of these problems have already been addressed. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly at 507-358-3378. Thank you!

Amit Patel

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I had appointment at the Mayo Clinic. My wife and I end up staying there for two weeks. The room was clean a little out dated but they were in the process of remodeling the rooms. The staff was very nice and helpful. We you need help they would do the best they could to help you out.The location was good just a few seconds away from walmart and dinning places. They had a shuddle runs to the Mayo Clinic on weekdays.The rates were affordable if you book them through the motel it self not on-line. They do have weekly rates if you need to stay for a period of time. If I have to go back to the clinic I would book at the Red Carpet Inn again no problem.

Room Tip: call to book rooms dont book online, if you are going to stay for a week or more. Book online dont get wekly rates.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I recently stayed 2 nights while I was having some tests done at Mayo. As this was a very low-rate hotel ($45), I didn't expect much. That being said, I didn't need much. I wasn't looking for a pool, etc just somewhere to crash after long days at the hospital. I was very surprised at how large the rooms were and despite other reviews I read, mine was very clean. The recliner to watch tv in was a nice plus as was the microwave (I'm a popcorn addict) and mini-frig. The staff at the front desk could not have been more friendly and helpful. They had printed sheets for the free shuttle to Mayo and made sure I noted the couple hours during the day that they didn't run, etc. I didn't have any of the continental breakfast as I was up and out for the 6:10am shuttle so I cannot comment on that.
I would recommend the Red Carpet for anyone who just needs a room without all the extras in a hotel (pool, restaurant, fitness center, etc). The free shuttle to Mayo was much less hassle than driving there, finding and paying for a place to park etc. Free shuttle, great customer service, and a clean large room for $45/night? I would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AudnDan
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We travel from Iowa every 3 months to go to the Mayo Clinic, we started staying at the Red Carpet Inn in the year 2010 and we stay there every time we go now. The folks that run the Inn are very polite, and try very hard to accomidate to the needs we have,. The rooms are CLEAN, and it is always a pleasure for us to stay with the folks at the Red Carpet Inn. We have YET TO BE disappointed in the services we receive. From the service desk to the cleaning staff we are pleased with their work.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We looked on line for a place to stay, my brother was visiting the Mayo Clinic. The reviews were very good so we took a chance and booked it. Well, let me tell you that this is the first time I ever write a review on anything ! But this time I felt sort of a responsibility to post a review. I want other people in the same situation we were in to feel confident about booking this hotel.
I recommend it 100%. Everything we read it's true and even more, the rooms are clean the staff is very friendly and accommodating. Whatever we needed they were able to help us and with a great big smile ! It is very close to the Clinic and very close to the airport. Thank you Amit and Bina for all you did for us !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family