All reviewsgrab and goprepackaged muffinsfull size fridgekitchenette areamayo clinicgreat place to stayroom was cleanstayed for nightsconvenient locationfree shuttlemary's hospitallaundrymntelevisioncircumstancesschedule
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We were given a room on the first floor on the end, which gave us windows on two walls. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchenette in the room had a full-sized frig. However, it was not stocked with the usual dishware. You need to go to the desk and ask for what you need - no problem. They say this is a sanitation issue. They have a special rate for Mayo patients.

Room Tip: Room on end of floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am more than pleased to read how you enjoyed the spacious, quiet room. It is also great to read how helpful our staff was and that you took a liking to the full-seized refrigerator in the fully equipped kitchen in your room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

If you're going to Mayo Clinic and don't have much to spend on lodging, call the American Cancer Society and you can stay here for around 20$ a night! It's a bit of a process but it's worth it if you're swamped w hospital bills...we had to do an emergency surgery and we booked the 3-19 for around 250$...it's about 10 minutes from mayo and clean. If you're a Four Seasons or Ritz person, you'll hate this hotel...but for cancer patients on a budget...it's a blessing. I don't think you can get the rate without going through ACS...just a heads up! And it books up fast..so call ACS as soon as you know your dates. Best of luck to all...Mayo is A-Mayo-Zing!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gypsywagonwanderers

It is so rewarding to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am so pleased you were able to save so much money staying with us and favored out location near the Mayo Clinic. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

the room was nice and clean to our liking and the service from the best we have had in 25 yrs of going anywhere, i would rate this place number 1 for our next visit and let others know that this is a super good place to stay, they have a kitchen to cook,a frig. even a coffee pot and coffee and extra towels,shampoo,conditioner etc if needed more.. and even a bite to eat before u leave in the morning.. my husband and I was very satisfied and would recommend this to everyone,, could not complain about our room or our service and we are very picky where we stay...

Room Tip: we had a corner room and the lighting and everything was super
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple

Your feedback is very important. Thank you for sharing. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your accommodations and the amenities provided such as the fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Bugs in the bathroom, wifi sucks and "breakfast" is 1/2 granola bar or breakfast bar. Rooms that are noted to be newly remodeled look as though they remodeled 10 plus years ago.

I would not suggest staying here is there are other option that cost the same.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding your stay is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rnt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

I've stayed at 3 places(Kahler grand and Guesthouse Inn) over the course of treatment and I would not stay at this extended place again if I am going back. Reasons
1. Mold smell coming out of the a/c, which is a big no no when you want to stay after a surgery before you can travel.
2. No option for a late checkout, the maximum they could do is a 1 hour late, beyond which they would charge you for the whole day at the current rate(which is nomally higher than what you would've booked in the first place). This could prove costly for a patient who wants to spedn an hour or 2 more before the long drive.
3. Pathetic grab and go breakfast, not even a proper glass of water available, let alone fruits. You get muffins, coffee and granola bars.
4. Highly business like staff, just like what I've experienced with Extended stay america on my business trips, which is a little lacking when you are on a medical trip.
5. Further away from the clinic and hopital which means you will be spending around 15 mins on every trip on the shuttle.

Reasons you want to stay here.
1. Newly furnished rooms that looks good(smells mold), with a kitchen.
2. If you are on business or if you know exactly the length of your stay and when you gonna leave.
3. Nicer location and neighbourhood.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not live up to our standard. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will strive to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rnt@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.