“Budget Minded Traveler”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - South
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We make several trips a year to the Mayo Clinic & this is our "main stay". The rooms are clean, comfortable & spacious with small kitchenette furnished with basics. The staff is always friendly & attentive to your needs. They offer a "on the run breakfast" with muffins, breakfast bars, fruit & coffee/juice. Our only complaint would be the shower heads don't allow much water pressure when you shower so it can take awhile to get the suds out of your hair & off your body. For a budget hotel, this offers a GREAT stay for a good price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that the water pressure in your shower was low. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a clean, comfortable, and spacious room. As well, it is great to know that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast and our friendly, attentive staff.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel every time we come to MN to visit family. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. There is a small kitchen in each room that has everything you need, but no oven. We have been staying here for at least the past ten years, if not longer, and have never had any complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for providing you and your Husband with friendly service. As well, I am glad that you like your clean room, especially the kitchen.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We have enjoyed having you stay with us for the past ten years and we look forward to having you stay with us for many more to come.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for over 2 months for a summer job and the front desk clerks and manager were rude and nonprofessional. They got a complaint from a man in room next to my room that my alarm kept going off at 5:30 in the morning and I kept on hitting snooze. My alarm was set for 6:30 every morning and I used my cell phone as an alarm. The man would hit my wall and would even pound on my door every morning to tell me to shut my alarm off. The front desk kept on harassing me to tell me to shut off my alarm, and did not believe me when I told them it was not me!(the alarm that came with the room was unplugged so I could have my printer plugged in). Finally I gave the front desk the alarm (with a signed note that they had received it). This did not stop the pounding every morning, I was going to call the police next time it happened since I was getting concerned for my safety, but he finally left. This went on for over a week. The manager did nothing. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try Extended Stay North maybe.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of your neighbor and lack of staff response. In response to your feedback, we are working with staff to provide options for diffusing guest disagreements so that this situation does not occur in the future.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here for a week while at the Mayo Clinic. The room was extremely clean, the furnishings comfortable, and the staff friendly, welcoming, and helpful at all times without being intrusive. We commented to each other several times during our stay on how impressed we were. This is a budget extended stay motel, so we expected to provide our own shampoo, etc, and knew that the daily maid service would be minimal. The standard for this sort of motel is different from overnight hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better. Windows open for a nice breeze.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I echo Debra M.'s recent review. I was stuck in a smoking room, even thought there were other rooms available. If I wanted one, I would need to pay another $15. The clerk was rude, two other staff I encountered that day were extremely unhappy. I was given a can of Fabreze to make my smoking room better, which of course did not work. This is not the first time I have had a negative experience at an Extended Stay America hotel

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask to be placed far away from any smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alec A

Alec - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not have any non-smoking rooms available at the time of your check-in. Please know, while a booking through a third party does not guarantee a room type, if you call us directly after booking, we would do our best to fulfill your request at no additional charge. Still, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the smell as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST2@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Although I made the reservation two months in advance for a non-smoking double queen room, I was put into a smoking room because they had nothing else available. The room smelled horrible and so did the beds and pillows! The manager did nothing to make the situation better and did not seem to care that we were unhappy. I had reserved a block of nine rooms for an event and other people in our group also had problems. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't assume you will get a non-smoking room just because that is what you reserved.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked this hotel because of a good rate. The hotel staff was very helpful and cheerful.

It was advertised as a full kitchen, then I found no oven (so no pizza). The trash was not taken out daily. No hair dryer. No small hair care products. I booked a non-smoking room and I did not receive that.

Because of these factors I will not be book this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business