“Extended Stay Delivered!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Extended Stay Delivered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our recent trip to Mayo Clinic was something we were not looking forward to. There are numerous hotels to choose from in the Rochester area. We picked Extended Stay South because they offered convenience, a kitchen, privacy and were very easy to work with on our rates. We are grateful that we choose Extended Stay South. They lived up to every claim they advertise. We will defenitely recommend to everyone and if we have to return to the Rochester area, we WILL choose them again.

Room Tip: We had to pick the first floor due to health issues, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Bill - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind words about my staff. It pleases us to know that we were able to offer you great service and a great location.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST@extendedstay.com. We look forward to having you visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is only the second time I've booked through Hotwire and didn't realize that, by doing so, you are only guaranteed a single bed. The hotel said I would have to pay an additional $15 to get two double beds (for my teenage son and myself). I was a bit dismayed, but it was paid for, so we didn't have a choice. I booked it through Hotwire to save money, I wasn't going to pay more. I ended up sleeping in the reclining chair. Have YOU ever tried sleeping with a gangly teenage boy?! The room was clean, the linens on the bed seemed VERY small for a queen (wouldn't have covered two peopel without a lot of tugging), no papertowel in the kitchen, rough paper products in bathroom, no hairdryer, not even complimentary shampoo. The "continential" breakfast was packaged granola bars/muffins, whole fruit and coffee. I will definitely look for another hotel in Rochester and have now been advised about "bed policy" (very disappointed). We were also awakened by extremely loud neighbors at 1:45 am, yelling racial slurs at one another and hitting the wall. {yawn} I'm tired and wish I had booked (and paid for) the better hotel right across the parking lot - at least I KNOW the type of service and comfort I would have received there! Next time.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor near the parking lot - especially 114 or 116, you will hear peo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our services were not properly explained to you. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we will review our booking regulations to ensure our guests are properly educated when booking on line. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here a few days when I came into town on business. The room and the grounds are clean and well kept. The room had the basic ammenites including room service. All rooms have small kitchens with full size refrigerator, small stove top, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, dishes, silverware and a few cooking pans and utensils. The property was very quiet which was nice. It is at the south end of town and fairly close to the airport. For a clean inexpensive place to stay this place is a good choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jmaes21
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Rochester, MN. It is great to hear that you were very pleased with our hotel including our grounds and amenities offered. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Rochester.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Weather caused us to need to check in a few days earlier than planned. We were pleasantly welcomed and were very pleased when we checked into our room. Clean, smelled good and the bed was comfortable. Very nice having the kitchen as we were on a special diet. Return trip in a few months and we will defiantly be staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Connie M
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you will be returning during your next trip in a few months. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We appreciate your business!
Cable, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've stayed at one Extended Stay America hotels in the past and haven't again for a long time because the beds were so uncomfortable. Well, New Beds, even new very comfortable pillows, and Walah, you have a place to hang your hat. The room has a little kitchen with a stove top and microwave,a nice size refrigerator, (not a small dorm fridge) a clean, quiet room, and the price is just fantastic. It seems if you book anyplace but hotwire, you're paying too much. Also try this because it's worked for me. Go on hotwire and check the price on their special deals that don't tell you what hotel, but has a list of the ones including the one you want. On this particular site, the Extended Stay has the lowest price of all the others on the regular walk-in price. I know that's the one that I'll end up getting. It's been that way for years now. Then check the box that says watch the price. If you're booking 2 weeks out at least, the price may get even lower. This will save you some change most of the time.
And it also seems, if you're looking for reviews anyplace but Tripadvisor, you're not getting the true skinny on things from real people that have stayed there.
Now granted you don't get a pool, and the front desk is closed from 11 to 7, you still have a place to do your laundry, a couple of vending machines for a quick snack, and they even have coffee, muffins, etc., from 6 to 9 in the morning. At this particular hotel they even have a shuttle to and from the Mayo Clinic, which is a plus plus plus!
One more thing....The staff in this hotel is just fantastic....and I'm not talking about one of them, All of Them, even the maintenance man was a joy to talk to, and they will ALWAYS help you with everything. I know you'll enjoy this place if you book here, and if this has been helpful to you, please mark down that it has been. "Happy Travels" John Fisher

Room Tip: If you don't like to haul or luggage around as for a room either in the middle nearest the eleva...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank John F
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of the staff was outstanding. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Customer service was wonderful, staff very helpful. Kitchenette in the room, clean, good price. Convenient shuttle to the Mayo. Housekeeping and front desk were top notch. Staff really try to be attentive to every need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JimInKC
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review. It is nice to hear our amenities, including shuttle to Mayo, were up to your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you should your travels bring you back to Rochester
Lead, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Extended Stay South in Rochester MN. My husband was expecting to have open heart surgery at Mayo Clinic. They have Mayo Rates for patients and their families which was very helpful as we were expecting to be there three weeks. Upon further examination, we found that he was not having surgery and we would only be staying 5 nights. They were very kind and understanding about canceling our extra 2 weeks without penalty. The room was nice, clean, and had the kitchenette so we didn't have to eat out every day. I recommend this hotel whether on a medical trip or on vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LPaananen
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to help you during your time of need. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!