“medical trip”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - South
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Weather caused us to need to check in a few days earlier than planned. We were pleasantly welcomed and were very pleased when we checked into our room. Clean, smelled good and the bed was comfortable. Very nice having the kitchen as we were on a special diet. Return trip in a few months and we will defiantly be staying there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie M
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you will be returning during your next trip in a few months. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We appreciate your business!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Rochester - South

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've stayed at one Extended Stay America hotels in the past and haven't again for a long time because the beds were so uncomfortable. Well, New Beds, even new very comfortable pillows, and Walah, you have a place to hang your hat. The room has a little kitchen with a stove top and microwave,a nice size refrigerator, (not a small dorm fridge) a clean, quiet room, and the price is just fantastic. It seems if you book anyplace but hotwire, you're paying too much. Also try this because it's worked for me. Go on hotwire and check the price on their special deals that don't tell you what hotel, but has a list of the ones including the one you want. On this particular site, the Extended Stay has the lowest price of all the others on the regular walk-in price. I know that's the one that I'll end up getting. It's been that way for years now. Then check the box that says watch the price. If you're booking 2 weeks out at least, the price may get even lower. This will save you some change most of the time.
And it also seems, if you're looking for reviews anyplace but Tripadvisor, you're not getting the true skinny on things from real people that have stayed there.
Now granted you don't get a pool, and the front desk is closed from 11 to 7, you still have a place to do your laundry, a couple of vending machines for a quick snack, and they even have coffee, muffins, etc., from 6 to 9 in the morning. At this particular hotel they even have a shuttle to and from the Mayo Clinic, which is a plus plus plus!
One more thing....The staff in this hotel is just fantastic....and I'm not talking about one of them, All of Them, even the maintenance man was a joy to talk to, and they will ALWAYS help you with everything. I know you'll enjoy this place if you book here, and if this has been helpful to you, please mark down that it has been. "Happy Travels" John Fisher

Room Tip: If you don't like to haul or luggage around as for a room either in the middle nearest the eleva...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank John F
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of the staff was outstanding. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Customer service was wonderful, staff very helpful. Kitchenette in the room, clean, good price. Convenient shuttle to the Mayo. Housekeeping and front desk were top notch. Staff really try to be attentive to every need.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JimInKC
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review. It is nice to hear our amenities, including shuttle to Mayo, were up to your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you should your travels bring you back to Rochester

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Extended Stay South in Rochester MN. My husband was expecting to have open heart surgery at Mayo Clinic. They have Mayo Rates for patients and their families which was very helpful as we were expecting to be there three weeks. Upon further examination, we found that he was not having surgery and we would only be staying 5 nights. They were very kind and understanding about canceling our extra 2 weeks without penalty. The room was nice, clean, and had the kitchenette so we didn't have to eat out every day. I recommend this hotel whether on a medical trip or on vacation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LPaananen

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to help you during your time of need. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Once again our experience at the Extended Stay America Rochester South, could not have been better. This is the 2nd time we've stayed there and their staff is the friendliest I've had the pleasure to meet. I just wish all of our hotel experiences in other cities (they weren't America Extended Stay), were even close to the Friendliness and Cleanliness of this hotel. Kudos Rochester South!!!

Room Tip: The thing we liked is that no one had been smoking in our non-smoking room. Something that often ha...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BruceOitker
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you came back again to see us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I would have to say I was pleasantly surprised w/ my accommodations. They where clean and well kept. Really a good bang for your buck. I took advantage of the cooking facilities in my room and will do it again. I would highly recommend this establishment to any of my associates. Good stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be recommending us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The room was clean and neat. Quiet facility. Two queen beds with four pillows each. Really enjoyed the kitchenette, full refrigerator, two burner stove, sink, counter and cabinet space.It was reasonable in price and convenient for traveling back and forth to the Mayo Clinic. We would stay here again, it was a great savings by being able to cook our own food. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They were able to extend our stay without any problems.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and bed comfortable. Very convenient for saving money at restaurants.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MARTHA O
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for your sending us a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you save money during your time at the Mayo Clinic with our kitchens. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.