“Great place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - South
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We always stay at Extended Stay South when we are in Rochester. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean and we enjoy the full size frig and the stove. We bring our own food and don't have to go out again after a tiring day at the Clinic. We appreciate the shuttle pickup right at the front door.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carl J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. The biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Excellent value. Friendly staff, hotel policy is very accomodating, frequent (free) bus shuttle to Mayo, very clean facility, rooms are well appointed.....everything you need ! I would recommend this place to anyone interested in an extended stay in Rochester MN !

Room Tip: Restaurants are nearby.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Bill S
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Cleanliness is my #1 priority and the rooms feel like new. We bring our own pillows because of personal preference. We have our car so we can come and go whenever, although we rarely move the car during the week stay. The Mayo Clinic shuttle is very reliable, convenient and free. Bring your own hairdryer, shampoo and conditioner. Target and Walmart are nearby for a little grocery shopping or anything else you might need. Close to movie theater (3 min by car).

Room Tip: Top floor is for smokers so non-smokers should stay on lower floors. One side of the hotel runs para...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevncar
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The place is okay, as it has a kitchenette in the room and that is a nice bonus. However, there was no place within walking distance to buy so much as a soft drink, and the nearest convenience store/restaurant is $23 taxi ride away, so be very careful if you have no car. No public transport is available. The room was VERY clean, but the view from the window was a pasture and a highway. No entertainment, tv channels very few. Couldn't believe how far it was, There is no service and the front desk was rude. I asked if there was a breakfast and they said "No, that's why there is a kitchenette!" Of course, no place to buy anything to cook, so bring your own food! Also had a very "flophouse" kind of feel that is hard to describe but a little creepy.Internet charged $10 a day. You get what you pay for, and I don't recommend spending your money here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mexguy
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Few amenities, phone didn't work properly, no incidentals (hair dryer, shampoo, etc). Not a good value for a one night stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for about 10 nights while undergoing treatment at that Mayo clinic. It was a little tricky to get to at first and my Garmin was pretty confused by its location, but I finally figured it out and once I did getting to and from the hotel was fine. The staff was very friendly. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was large. I liked the fact that unlike most other hotels....the sink was actually in the bathroom and not outside. Kitchenette is perfect !!! It has two burners, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and FULL refridgerator! They don't serve breakfast but you can save a whole lot of money by bringing your own food and making it in the kitchen. The hotel was very quiet except during my third night. I think an overweight person was upstairs as I could hear the person walking back and forth. The A/C is pretty noisy but after the first night I got used to it. Beds are VERY, VERY hard. My body got used to it after the second night. Also, I went to the desk to request extra blankets....I then folded the blankets in half to make the bed more soft. It worked out fine for me. There are two desk areas...that was nice too....I had room to work. Overall, considering that I only paid $39.99 a night (weekly rate), I really can't complain. It is within minutes to the mall, Mayo clinic, Soldier Field Pool, ect.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank signgirl79
Reviewed December 19, 2009

The hotel itself is very clean and my room was very comfortable. The bed was okay, a little firm, but still comfortable for me. My only complaints were the window heater/air conditioner was somewhat noisy and the bathroom fan was loud; the fan is linked to the bathroom light so the fan runs anytime the light is on. The internet speed was good (one time $4.99 fee) and the room was very quiet; even though there was a main road out my back window I couldn't hear the traffic noise at all. I liked the convenience of the small kitchenette though I didn't use it as much as I expected. The room was a nice size and had two desk areas. I liked the extra space as I stayed for a week and didn't feel cooped up. Nice hotel for a decent price.

This hotel is a bit far from the Mayo Clinic area and the shuttle makes stops at all the other hotels first, so if you're taking the shuttle to the Clinic plan on extra travel time.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo