Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester
Sleep Inn(Rochester)
MainStay Suites(Rochester)
  • Breakfast included
1,087 results
All reviewswindow seatmayo clinicwafflesrooms are smallfree shuttlereasonable ratescontinental breakfastroom was cleanshort stayhard boiled eggsqueen bedrestaurants and shoppingone night staywould stay againdesk clerkgreat place to stayshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Was staying in Rochester for a Mayo Clinic visit. This queen sized room was sufficient in size and comfort. It is located in a safe and convenient spot with many restaurants and a Super-Target nearby. We received the on line rate and when we needed to extend another day for further testing, the management gave us the same rate. We were on the second floor but they have an elevator that works well. There was no smoking on the premises which was nice. The breakfast was sufficient with waffles, oatmeal, juice, rolls, fresh fruit etc. Best of all the local shuttle runs hourly through the daytime hours to and from Mayo Clinic starting from early morning and it was never more than 5 minutes late so it was easy to make it on time for appoinments. Since Microtel was the first pick-up site, all had a seat on the shuttle.The room was clean with the exception of a moldy bottom to a shower curtain. The housekeeper apologized and promised to change it that day. Upon my return visit to the Mayo clinic, I will definitely stay at the Microtel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank OmahaAnn
microtelrochester, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

It is great to hear such a pleasant response and we thank you for your kind words. Many of our guests have utilized the shuttle service to and from the clinic area and have been very pleased that we offer the service. They are also very relieved to know that we offer the shuttle free of charge. We are sorry to hear about the shower curtain and our housekeeping staff have addressed this issue to ensure that this is resolved. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Great rate (AARP = $50) but was nervous in advance because of that. Trip Advisor seemed to give a green light, so I took a chance. No regrets at all. Room was small, but all we needed for an overnight visit to Mayo- only 6 minutes away. Our appointment was too early to take advantage of the breakfast, so I can't evaluate that.

Room had a few unusual design features to make up for being so tiny. The old style t.v. was above the closet, near the ceiling, but since you use a remote, who cares? Very small desk area, but enought to hold the laptop (wifi worked just fine). Only other seating was a padded window bench on top of the combo air/heat unit. If none of this bothers you (and it was fine with us) then go for it. Save the dollars

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank upbeancounter

Thank you for a great review, we are happy to see that your stay at the microtel was very satisfying. Our rooms with one queen bed are in fact smaller than an average size hotel, however, we do offer suites and two queen bedrooms that are larger in size. We have been complimented many times on our window seats and many guests love that feature that Microtels have. Thank you so much for your kind words and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Reserved my room through Orbitz (will not use again!). After contacting Orbitz, they told me that the Kitchenettes were not included in their rates, but yet it shows pictures of them on their site! My wife is on a special diet, so having a kitchenette was going to be nice! I reserved a Non-smoking, queen size bed room, but Orbitz site does not say that this does not include a kitchenette, but shows pictures of it and does not say you have to reserve a Suite!!! The Hotel would not change our room because we reserved it though Orbitz. The Desk Clerk was unprofessional and the room was quite dirty!

Room Tip: Not by elevator, they allow pets!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe R

We are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience. I would like to take this moment to apologize in advance and address this issue. Booking through third party websites may sometimes seem like the best value. It is always best to look over everything and contact the hotel directly to confirm your reservation and to have us answer any questions you may have. Even if you are not booking through a third party we reccomend to call the hotel directly and confirm your reservation to avoid any surprises at check-in. We have taken the necessary steps to inform our housekeeping and front staff of cleanliness policies and great customer service. We are truly very sorry to hear of your poor experience and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

I go very often to Rochester, MN I visit my family and Mayo Clinic. Whenever I go I stay at the Microtel, as I call "my second home", why? becouse it is safe, very clean, people are niece and always will help you with any question, complete breakfast and even an exercise room. Has a shuttle to the clinic, across the street there is a bus stop to go anywhere in Rochester, and if you drive there a huge parking lot. In a few words has everything you need for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DeboraA

We have quite a few guests here at the Microtel that have told us that our hotel is like their second home. These words are great to hear! It shows to the staff that we do our best to be very personable and accomadating. Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed June 12, 2011

We asked for a non-smoking room and found out it was a smoking room converted to non-smoking. They had no more non-smoking rooms. We had booked it a couple of weeks before and thought we has a nonsmoking room, but couldn't do anything about it. Our clothes even smelled when we got home. The desk clerk said they were making the third floor nonsmoking and referbushing the rooms. But I think it was a disservice to call them nonsmoking rooms before they are ready. I think it was false advertizing to tell me I had a nonsmoking room and give me a room that will be one someday. Not very happy!!

Room Tip: Ask if the room is acually a nonsmoking room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curt4009
microtelrochester, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

It is true, we have gone 100% non-smoking. We have taken every step to renevate our smoking rooms to non-smoking. We have changed the carpet, painted every wall, used special air filter machines and discarded all linens. We would like to apologize in advance for your unpleasant stay. We hope you give us the chance to prove our facility is smoke-free and we thank you for informing us of this situation.