All reviews st mary's hospital directly across the street cookies canadian honker front desk free parking and breakfast rooms are modern on site parking mayo clinic hospital stay breakfast room the location is perfect convenient shuttle can't beat the location free shuttle closest hotel i highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for almost a month with my daughter in the hospital. First the Pros...It was comfortable. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Good air conditioning/heating system. Pretty good continental breakfast. I really enjoyed Shiela at the front desk. She was excellent. Rooms are modern and clean and smell good. Small fridge and microwave. The motel is directly across a small street from the hospital. You just walk a few steps and are there. Parking is easy and free at the motel. They are very accommodating and let you park there after check out if you still have DR appointments. They have a nice coffee bar in the lobby and and hot, fresh baked cookies. Cons....ceiling leaked 4 nights in a row when it rained. I mopped it up. They took $50 off my bill. The 2 women who do the breakfast are unfriendly and make you feel like you are a burden. The elevator is super slow and sometimes takes forever. Over all I would say a good experience and I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we hope to earn 5 stars next time! I am glad that you found so many positives about the hotel. Sheila is great for sure. I am glad that you felt is was easy to park and that you enjoyed our gourmet coffee bar and cookies! We are definitely in the middle of addressing the leaks we have when it rains, I am sorry that you had to deal with this. I am saddened that our breakfast attendants were not friendly and welcoming. I thank you for bringing that to my attention - it helps us to improve where improvement is needed. Thank you again for your comments and thank you for your business, we apprecaite it very much! Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

The price was fair, staff was accommodating, and rooms were good for a place to sleep and rest. If I come back to the city, I would stay here. The two queen bed in my room were nice and clean. I had to extend my stay and it was no issue.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for your generous review and for mentioning so many positives about the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other guests. I am glad that our location worked well for you and that you found your room to be clean and well attended. Thank you for staying with us - we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

...over the last three years for our teenage daughter’s medical appointments, from coast to coast and back to the middle. Aspen Select has made me feel the most at home (and my daughter loved it too) out of all of them. The desk attendants are always so nice, and I’ve met many of them during our stays. They make cookies in the late afternoon, and after spending the early part of the day in the clinic, my daughter gets so excited about this treat. They have a nice breakfast up on the second floor, and I loved reading about the history of the hotel while I’m eating. I’ve also visited the fitness room and enjoy this as well! It is an incredible value for the money, and when you spend over $20K per year in out of pocket medical costs as our family does, this is a great way to cut costs. But, it doesn’t feel like it’s “cheap”, it’s just a really good value. We will always stay here for our Mayo visits!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for mentioning so many positives about the hotel! I am so glad you found us to be affordable and that the amenities that we provide are just what you need. We really appreciate your business and wish you and your family well. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Location is good, clean.
Most rooms are without windows ... unbearable.
That was not clear or mentioned at all when I booked.
However staff at front desk were amazing really they worked Majic and moved us to one of real rooms with a window.
To sum it up... hotel itself is very humble, very basic breakfast and no room cleaning daily.
The positive is people working there are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments - it helps us to improve. I understand your comment about the floor to ceiling windows that face the hallway that ultimately looks out at the city. They do not open to the outside, and this is not acceptable for some. Thank you for mentioning that our staff was eager to help you figure out a room you were more comfortable in. We do provide room cleaning daily, we do a light touch (take the trash, replace dirty towels, make up the beds) daily and we do full cleans switching out the sheets and scrubbing down the room every 5 days. If you need it before it is scheduled - there is no charge for doing the full clean early. I hope this clears up some things for you. Thank you for staying with us - we do appreciate your business and wish you well.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Joyce was very rude to my mother when she asked about the price difference that was quoted over the phone. My mom was being very nice and just wanted to know why their was a difference. Joyce was very snappy and not compassionate at all. You never know what people are going through. I was at St. Mary’s having a procedure and the last thing customers need is to come to a hotel where the person that is supposed to be helpful, was rude. She also ignored two customers that were waiting to check in because she was trying to show a lady something online. She should have checked them in instead of making them wait while she searched online. Needless to say we checked out early and won’t be staying there again. This was the second time staying there and the first time the Front Desk Clerk was not friendly either. We gave them a second chance and that was a mistake.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Select Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

I am very sorry that you had this experience at our hotel - this is not our standard. I will review your comments with our front desk team. Thank you for sharing your comments - it helps us to improve. We wish you well. Warm Regards, Laurel.