We recently stayed at this facility for a family celebration for our 8 year old (for a medical condition that he overcame). We were so disappointed to find this hotel lacking in many areas.
We got a great deal on our room so we think the price was right, but we were surprised that it had a 2.5 star rating. The hotel was badly in need of a remodel and was not as clean as we would have expected. The carpet was dirty and fraying around the edges. The furniture was badly worn and in need of replacing. They had obviously replaced picture frames on the wall because all of the stains around the old ones were visible as well as very obvious holes in the wall. The sink and bathtub were clean, but the floor and caulking was dirty.
The staff was the most disappointing. We couldn't get a friendly smile or word from the man who checked us in. We felt like we were putting him out by checking in. I was glad we didn't have to ask for extra towels from him and instead waited until someone new came in the morning. The person on breakfast duty was unfriendly and unwilling to help. My husband needed help with the waffle maker as he was trying to feed our two school grade school aged kids and holding and infant. After his waffle stuck, she didn't offer to help and instead another guest offered her assistance. Tacky!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. Offering clinic patients and their family discounted rates. Newly renovated exterior, rooms, and public areas. Complimentary Plus Hot Breakfast. Other complimentary amenities include: weekday Mayo Clinic shuttle (or wheelchair shuttle service at guest expense), airport shuttle, high speed wireless internet, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool/whirlpool and arcade, fresh fruit, cookies, coffee, and tea in the lobby 24 hours/day, business kiosk with computer/printer, flat lot parking, and local calls. Guest rooms include: coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, ironing board/iron, and hair dryer. Within walking distance of full service restaurant and pub, Whistle Binkies on the Lake. Enjoy ample dining, shopping and entertainment venues nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Carlson, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Rochester South Hotel Rochester
- Country Inn And Suites Rochester South
- Rochester Country Inn