“Housekeeping Noise Level”

Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Seattle, Washington
“Housekeeping Noise Level”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here while working on an overnight project so I had to try to sleep during the day. There were several of us from the same group and we all had our "Do Not Disturb" signs on our doors. This didn't seem to matter to the housekeeping staff. I was on the third floor and one morning I woke to a very spirited discussion between two housekeepers where foul words flowed freely. Next morning once again I woke to them counting very loudly the amount of "Do Not Disturb" signs that were hung out. Every single morning they stood in the hallway and loudly had conversations right in front of rooms where people were trying to sleep. I stay in many hotels and by far this was one of the worst disregard to guests comfort I've experienced.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the Housekeepers room as you can.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Cal3920,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to all of us here at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester. I will be addressing your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure that future guests do not have the same problems. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to earn your business on your next trip to Rochester.

Jeff A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Linden, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed here while going for appointments at Mayo Clinic. It was very easy to get to the clinic from this location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. The rate we paid was very reasonable. Had a very nice continental breakfast each morning. What I liked best - those fresh baked cookies!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Willmar, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed for business here and the although the location is handy and Broadway Pizza is across the street. The room was average and not that it was disappointing but nothing above average. The room was clean but due to cold weather it was very dry in our room. The internet was a kind of slow but workable. The breakfast was good and had some great choice. The one thing I did notice is that the front desk staff although friendly spent a lot of time visiting with each other. So as I mentioned this property is OK, there is better out there and worse. S

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Mikreyn,
Thank you for your review of the Country Inn & Suites Rochester. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hot, complimentary breakfast. I want to apologize that the rest of your stay was just average. We pride ourselves on impressing our guests, and it appears we let you down. It is my hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to the area.

Jeff A.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff is very respectful and willing to go out of their way to help you with anything you need. In the lobby and on the shuttle, you notice the staff acknowledging many returning guests and inquiring into how they are doing. The cleaning staff are very kind and want to help with anything they can. The General Manager will go above and beyond to help you. Also being just off of Hwy 52, it is very convenient to many things - restaurants, shopping, the Mayo. A great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Really liked the location as it was close to family. It was clean, the beds great, and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. The whirlpool was down though. There was a loud sound that would come and go during the evening. It sounded like a big generator or another piece of equipment outside of the suite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I only stayed here for one night but found this hotel to be very nice, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast selection was good. I would stay here with my family in the future. Staff members were always available and attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Murray B
Chugwater, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This facility is badly in need of some "country care". There was a time when this chain would have been our 1st choice. However, over the years the competition has left them in the dust of a badly rutted country road.

Lack of cleanliness of the room was most disappointing. In addition, to a badly stained bathroom, the TV program card was covered with nasal discharge. The carpet was old and stained and bedding had holes.

The front desk left much to be desired. When inquiring about possible dinning suggestions the "young" lady's 2 suggestions given in a "whatever" response was made without her eyes ever leaving the computer. Finally, when presenting the TV program card to the "young" man the following morning he failed to acknowledge any concern or potential action to the departing guests.

Country Inn & Suites, good-by old friend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rochester C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Guest feedback is a powerful training tool and without it we could not get better. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had with the cleanliness of your room. I also want to apologize for the lack of assistance from our front desk staff. I assure you that I will be talking to my staff to resolve these problems and hope that you may give us another chance the next time you are in the Rochester area. Sincerely, Jeff A General Manager