“Nice Hotel, Awesome Breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel, Awesome Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife, 3 year old daughter & myself stayed here. The room was spacious (1 King) with nice amenities. We used the pool & hot tub both days we were there. They are nice, not huge, but clean. The breakfast was excellent for today's standards. Most free breakfasts are pretty lack luster these days but this one was not. It had most items you would wish for and the staff was restocking it frequently. Very impressed. My only suggestion for this hotel would be a little firmer beds. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Effie, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay here! Not only can you get better prices elsewhere, you will not be treated with respect! We tried to extend our stay and was treated with an disrespectful tone and sarcasm. We found a better place across the road with nicer beds, breakfast and workers.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LeeH113
Carlson Hotels C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the staff issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Hana Anderson
Assistant General Manager
Country Inn & Suites Rochester
Marengo, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was pleased to have gotten a Country Inn & Suites on Priceline. I LOVE their motels, always very new & clean. Not this one.
~ carpet is very old & very stained
~very old shower head and too low (I'm 5' & I had to crouch under it)
~ king size bed skirt on a queen bed looked silly!
~old, old, old everything in room, tho lobby is up to date

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Laurena B
Bemidji, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were there for two weeks, going to Mayo. This facility was great to us, and we couldn't have asked for nicer folks! The staff was terrific, the property was CLEAN, the showers HOT, and the breakfast was wonderful! Very good guest laundry room. The shuttle to the clinic and hospital was right on time and very easy!

On the first weekend, we had a microwave problem. They tired to fix it, but couldn't, so they relocated us to another room. NICER than the one we had!! They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and OK!!

We will have to return, and will be booking here! Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is located on the frontage road off Hwy 52, just north of downtown. It is very close to Target and Home Depot, as well as a myriad smaller stores and restaurants such as Chipotle. The hotel lobby provided cookies and fruit - replenished constantly. Also, coffee and tea was available at all times which was appreciated. The room was clean, beds comfy but - as with many chains - even in summer each bed had a huge thick comforter which, even with a low setting on the a/c was too much. A thin blanket is provided but just one so we had to request another for the other bed and those let us sleep. Those fat comforters could be tucked away for the summer! Thank you for those. Rooms were clean and the bathroom was stocked with everything we needed. The only down side was the breakfast serving time during the week stops at 9:30. Arriving late at night, it might be nice to offer it a bit longer or at least be willing to accommodate later arrivals. Even the pastries were removed right after 9:30 but we did grab a bowl of cereal each. Management take note this is a big deal for families, that's why we love your chain. It do know that others do accommodate later arrivals, but our family and others coming in later were out of luck. Pool was nice, pool towels provided neatly. Best points: clean room (could we get an option to not have feather pillows?), well stocked bathroom, friendly checkin staff. Not so good points: summer blankets could be provided for each bed, breakfast needs to go later or at least be willing to offer something.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room on the third floor and lucked out with an end of hall spot that was super...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank helenskiMinnesota
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We found this motel to have a very accommodating staff, they were professional, willing to please and always a sincere smile. The breakfast was excellent, they replenished the breakfast serving area until after the announced stopping time not to run out of an item. Cookies were always in the cookie jar and fruit was always at the check-in desk along with the coffee. I rated them excellent even though of wear on the carpet but I can accept that and the rooms were clean. I used the shuttle service to Mayo Clinic and I found this free service saved me $11.00 parking fee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 149David
Cable, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I admit that when Price Line had a deal going with this hotel chain I thought I got a great deal. The hotel looks nice on the outside, though the inside lobby area is small and it doesn't look like a 3 star hotel. I went to my room and it was a smaller room than any 3 star I'd been in, the same with the bathroom. I gave it my white glove test and it didn't pass. There was dust in quite a few places....maybe I'm weird but when I find this stuff and mold growing in the tile in the bathroom I always wonder if the toilet seat has been sanitized. The pool was near the lobby though I don't think there was room for another person in there. Kids were running around everywhere though by 10 it was nice and quiet.
I talked to the staff that was on duty all 3 shifts and all of them were indifferent and definitely not people persons. There was a restaurant within a block and some drive throughs fairly close but were not to any of my liking. I always like to stay at a place where a restaurant is in the place or a short walk away.
With all said and done it didn't matter that I got a great deal, but I've stayed at MOST 2 Star motels that are nicer, larger rooms, and staff's that are people persons. When the staff isn't nice it just puts a sour note on the whole deal. "It's not even worth half the price"

Room Tip: The motel is far enough from the freeway so the road noise isn't loud. I would just ask not to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear John,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues you encountered with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Hana Anderson