“Average, but nothing special”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The shower was DISGUSTING!, I don't believe it was cleaned between guests. The housekeeping gentleman was very prompt and apologetic. Bed was too soft, not a good sleep. The hotel was very quiet, except for the loud in-room-refrigerator. They tried to charge us for use of the safe in our room, we didn't use it but we had to ask them to take the charge off. They did handle our large group of crazy teenagers very well, and the gentleman at the front desk was understanding when us parents were a little loud in the lobby during the WI badgers win over Kansas State ;-)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 13, 2011

Unfortunately, every room in downtown Rochester was taken at the time I was there due to a figure skating competition. The room was nothing special. The shower was ok. The bed was ok. Room was clean. Breakfast was hot but nothing special. They had those weird egg patties. Room was hot as hell! And we tried to turn the AC on but it didn't help.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This location was very convienient to everything thing, shopping, eating, and we even visited a local winery. It was very comfortable and clean. The staff was out of their way friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was incredible. We can't say enough about it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2010

It was an okay stay for one night, wouldn't recommend more than a night. The hallway carpet was very dirty. There were signs posted stating to be patient they were in the process of replacing the carpet. However, I see from the previous review that the carpets were dirty back in July. The staff was courteous and polite, however I did have to wait for service at the front desk, no one was in sight.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I received the booking through pricelin.com and boy was that a mistake! When I arrived the receptionist was told I had paid for the stay in full and she was not authorized to put any additional charges on my card...she did. I asked for a receipt and she refused stating she was having computer problems. I had asked for a room with 2 king beds, a microwave, a refrigerator, and wi-fi. After unloading the luggage and heading towards the elevator my family and I noticed lots and lots of huge stains on the carpet. The carpet was FILTHY throughout the hotel halls!! Upon entering my room I immediately noticed there was no refrigerator, no microwave and the desk chair had something inside the air holes that looked like someone had vomitted in it. I immediately called priceline.com who refused to transfer me to another hotel. They supposedly called the receptionist downstairs but after being on hold for 24 minutes the call was disconnected. I took my suitcases and went downstairs. The same receptionist stated that she was on the phone with priceline. I informed her I was checking out and wanted a refund. She again said her computer wasn't working. I gave her the room key and took my family to another hotel. I have pictures of the carpet and the desk and had two additional witnesses who had met me and were with me upon checkin and checkout. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the General Manager of Comfort Inn stated his staff cleaned my room for all three days and that I had indeed stayed in the room the whole time! I couldn't believe the audacity and lies! In fact, I had stayed at another hotel down the road and have the receipt to prove it as well as the witnesses. DO NOT STAY at Comfort Inn in Rochester, MN. BEWARE! They will lie through their teeth to cover up for their problems!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Frequenttraveler9990
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I stayed here for one night while interviewing for a residency position at Mayo Clinic. I wouldn't say there was anything particularly nice or great about it, but it was ok for one night, and I thought the price I paid was reasonable ($74).

The good: Free parking. Easy check-in. Friendly front desk staff. Room and bathroom seemed reasonably clean. Room was spacious. Microwave and small refrigerator in the room. The lobby was warm and welcoming. The free "deluxe continental breakfast" included eggs, sausage, toast, cereals, fruit, juice, and tea/coffee. No noise issues. The bed was pretty comfortable. The hotel is near a strip mall that contains a Wal-mart, which was convenient. It wasn't exactly close to Mayo (there are many hotels in the downtown area that are much closer), but it was an easy drive.

The bad: The hallways of this hotel are disgusting; they are narrow and dimly-lit, and the carpets seem to be just covered with stains. Walking down the hall to my room for the first time, I was pretty nervous about what my room was going to look like since the hallways looked so gross. I was thankful that the room didn't look anything like the hallway. The furniture in the room was pretty dated and wasn't comfortable at all. The high-speed internet is "wired" only, no wireless. There is an ethernet cable provided, but, like a lot of newer computers, my computer does not have an ethernet port, so I was not able to use the internet in my room.

Overall, it was ok for the rate I paid and for a short stay, so if you are just looking for a cheap, adequate room with free breakfast, this place will do. I do have to say I stayed at another hotel closer to Mayo for the next two nights, and it was so much nicer that I felt it was well worth it to pay the extra $30 per night to stay there instead of the Comfort Inn, so I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2009

we have traveled extensively and this hotel stands out as one of the best. Service is outstanding. Employees are very informative, helpful, articulate, friendly. Their attire was reflected those traits.
Rooms are immaculate, quiet. Beds are very comfortable. Unable to hear noise in hallway or street traffic.
Pool is huge and so is the whirlppool
Great exercise room.
Either bring your computer or they have a business center.
Located in a quiet neighborhood.
Walking/jogging trail right next door.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple