“stayed before flying to Virginia Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester
“stayed before flying to Virginia Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel clean, quiet, room very comfortable, easy to shuttle to airport, hot tub a bonus. Shuttle was late getting to us to get us to airptort but front desk was diligent in checking to see when it would arrive without coaching from us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Airportgm, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We sincerely hope that your trip to Virginia Beach was a great vacation. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. You will be pleased to know that we are constantly working with the shuttle company to improve service for our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I rarely respond to reviews such as this, but was compelled to do so. Whenever I am in Rochester, MN, I always select this hotel. I like it as it is a bit out of town, and although the hotel is not 'soundproof' I enjoy the warm staff, nice breakfast and room cleanliness. I select the oversized room option in my stay as I love the jacuzzi tub which is nice to relax in after a long day.
I have stayed in many higher priced high end hotels such as Crowne Plaza, Hyatt, Hilton and the like, but in most every instance, the experience(s) are less than desired; most noted in staff friendliness and room cleanliness- which are HUGE factors for me and as I would say, fair expectations.
A very good hotel.

Room Tip: The oversized rooms are a plus. You have a bit more room to move around. The other rooms tend to be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Twin Cities, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The entry...
We arrived really late (about midnight), but we were warmly greeted by the desk clerk who promptly checked us in and helped us find our way. The lobby and entry area were gorgeous, look very new. I was hopeful that this lower-priced hotel would be decent. As soon as we turned the corner, it was like we entered another world...no warm ambience, no sparkling new fixtures...it was...blah.

Our room...
left much to be desired in appearance. It smelled like old pine sol and there were many, dark stains on the carpet. The bed was okay, nothing spectacular, nothing terrible. The bedding looked clean and we were exhausted.

The rest of the room looked okay as far as amenities. Fairly sparse, but plenty of space for my husband and me.

The sleep...
not so much for me. I heard every door opening and closing...so much for quiet. It took me a long time to doze off, only to be awakened by doors opening and closing and people walking around in the room above us in the early morning. I'm not a light sleeper, so trust me that the sounds were fairly significant.

The breakfast...
nice eat-in area with the usual breakfast fare. Everything looked fresh. I had to run to my conference so I grabbed a quick hard boiled egg, yogurt, and a pastry. I did see the waffle maker there...not sure if there were other hot foods or not.

The location...
it was right across the street from the Rochester Convention Center, which worked well for me. Its also right next to the Rochester airport. It is otherwise fairly remote, with only a (newly built) Ground Round across the parking lot. They did have a Mayo shuttle schedule posted at the main desk so that seems convenient for those who may need to go to and from the hospital.

In all, it served its purpose: a place to sleep so I could get to my 7:30 am meeting without having to drive from the Cities at the crack of dawn. I've stayed in better, I've stayed in worse. I'm torn between a 2 and a 3 on this one, but I'm leaning more towards a 2 just because of the big stains and noise. The desk people were very nice and the location was extremely convenient for me, though.

If the rooms were upgraded and something could be done about the sound, that would be great. I won't be coming back to this one. I'll spend an extra $20 next time.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get the top floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ElleB659
Thank you for staying with the AmericInn Rochester Airport. It will please you to know that we started replacing carpets in January and are almost done with the entire building. We have updated the hallways and other areas, as well. The hotel is fresh and new again.
We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you on your next stop in Rochester. We will continue to serve the sausage, eggs, waffles, and more on our breakfast, and the complimentary transportation to the Rochester Airport and the Mayo Clinic.
Thank you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Will only stay here when we return. And they are accommodating our appointment at the mayo clinic was late afternoon so they allowed us to check out late with out charging additional fees.

• Stayed November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had booked a 2 night stay a month ago. I didn't realize until I had arrived that it used to be another hotel chain. The main reason I had picked this hotel was b/c I had stayed at several other Americinns in western, northern MN as well as a few in SD - they were SO quiet it didn't matter where your room was located, you wouldn't hear anything. But since this was previously another hotel chain, you do not get the Americinn's soundproofing. My 1st night - on the 1st floor - was noisy. They were very accommodating and moved me the next morning. The breakfast was very nice, although the 2nd morning the hot stuff was just lukewarm. I had forgotten my bathing suit but the pool looked very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mary D
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently had a business trip which had me staying at this hotel for 22 days- it was a great place to come home to. Comfortable, affordable, clean, nice breakfast, and great staff! With a brand new restaurant next door. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We became recent travelers to Rochester for medical care for our daughter with cancer. I was looking to stay someplace quiet, and away from all the hussle and bussle of downtown. As well as someplace less expensive but still offered everything we needed. I found this hotel, and was very, very pleased. The room was wonderful! Clean, spacious, comfortable and perfect for our family. It offered a very nice breakfast, and clean welcoming atmosphere. The pool was small but really that was no big deal considering everything else was great about this hotel. We had a wonderful housekeeper, who was sweet and extremely thoughtful to bring our pet treats! The rest of the staff was very polite and we never ran into any problems with anyone. Also the rooms are quiet! Finally a place that has quiet!!!! Overall I will definitely stay here again. Do not be discouraged because its not a real close location to Mayo because they offer a free shuttle service. You really can not go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suit on the 3rd floor and absolutely loved it! Large, nice room with an excellent pri...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Comfort Suites Rochester
America's Best Inn - Stewartville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rochester
Days Inn & Suites Rochester South
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!