AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport
  • Breakfast included
$181
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Super 8 Rochester Mayo Clinic Area(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$72
$64
$57
$119
$249
$229
Marriott Hotels
$89
All reviewsground round restaurantan early morning flightmayo clinichospitality roomwafflesexcellent breakfastroom was cleanawesome hotelhot tubvery nice staystay at this hotel againdefinitely stay here againpool areashuttle service isgreat place to staythe breakfast areathe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here during our latest Mayo Clinic visit and the price was surely right. The reviews I've read on here were great and I was looking forward to trying the hotel out as we come to town often and are looking for a repeat hotel to stay at. The room was very small, but it was quiet, the quiet was a plus to us. Neither my husband nor I thought the king sized bed in our room was at all comfortable. I always bring my own pillow to hotels, but my husband did not like how small the pillows provided by the hotel were and said they were quite uncomfortable for him.

The door to our bathroom would not stay open and it made a loud creak every time you opened it. Every time. This made it difficult to use the restroom overnight when one of us was sleeping because the loud creak would wake us up. We finally ended up holding the door open with the Americinn information binder that was in the room.

The worst part of the room was when I stepped into the shower and discovered that there were several long, brown hairs stuck to the tub surround of the side of the shower. I was in the middle of my shower when I noticed it. Normally I can handle a bit of dirt in a hotel room, but a shower that has so much hair that wasn't mine stuck to the shower wall just really grosses me out. My hair is blonde and not that long and I hadn't showered yet and knew I hadn't wiped any hair on the wall to begin with, so I knew this was not cleaned well. I called down to the front desk and let them know about the hair, mostly so that housekeeping would know to actually look for it and clean it when they came through as they obviously missed it the day we checked in. John at the front desk was very nice and apologized and said he would take a little something off our bill. He took ten dollars off.

We did enjoy the continental breakfast with eggs and a nice variety of other food choices, that was a redeeming quality for our stay. The pool was warm (I was able to swim in the morning before my clinic visit). Overall we just did not enjoy it and next time we come to Mayo, we will look for somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have stayed here twice for my husband's appointments at Mayo Clinic. The staff is very helpful & has free clinic shuttle service. Rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. We will be staying at this hotel for all of our trips to Rochester. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the way to vacation. Was very clean and seemed a great place. Would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 20, 2012

After a tough day, this is a good place to unwind.Relax the night away and catch up at sleep at AmericInn

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel a couple times back when it was a Sleep Inn, so by now it is showing some wear, but the new Sleep Number beds had me waking up smiling. It had a really good selection for breakfast with eggs and sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins and so on. High points for housekeeping as the rooms are very clean and the one problem we had was immediately taken care of. My sole complaint is with the rooms designated as handicap-accessible which one of our party requested. We were promised a room "right off the breakfast area." But the room available was located as far from the front desk/breakfast area as was architecturally possible, next to a secondary entrance with steps and no ramp. The closet area was hung at wheelchair level, according to ADA guidelines, but the shower was in the bathtub... which, if one was using a wheelchair, would be impossible to use. Since this hotel is just a couple miles from the Mayo Clinic, accomodating older people who might not be feeling like a long hike with their walkers might be a little more of a priority.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family