“I Give Them a 10! Great hotel downtown Rochester”

Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Excelsior, Minnesota
“I Give Them a 10! Great hotel downtown Rochester”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is really a great hotel close to everything downtown. I started doing business down here in Rochester a few months ago. I used to stay across the street at the Holiday Inn which was good for awhile but lately has changed for the worse. I decided to give the Hilton a try since it was right across the street. I was pleasantly surprised! There was this vibe there where it was really evident that everybody loved what they were doing. Hats off to the management. I checked in late at night as I usually do and expected the usual night staff that I typically run into at other hotels. Nope, I got to meet Jeff who was far from typical. He made me feel like I was the the most important guest in the hotel. This was very refreshing. It was a great stay from the welcome to the goodbye. Rochester is a great town and I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone. This was my first experience with a Hilton property and if they are all like this one I may have a new favorite hotel!

Room Tip: Try the made your way omelet for breakfast and be sure to visit Kelly in the Bar!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Extremeoutdoorsman63
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Extremeoutdoors: Thank you very much for your post. We are very glad to hear that you tried our Hilton Garden Inn and enjoyed it. You will be happy to know that the Hilton Garden Inn's new General Manger was the previous General Manager of the Holiday Inn. We are very happy to have him lead our team and from your post, you noticed. We will pass along your post to the rest of the staff. Thank you again for giving us a try and we would love to have you stay with us again if you should return to Rochester. Please let us know if you need anything at deb.knox@hilton.com
Deb Knox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Wahpeton
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently had a lengthy stay in Rochester for intense medical treatment of our family member. As stressful and worrisome as that was, we were very fortunate to have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We had a 2 room suite from Sept. 3rd through November 16th. I can honestly say that not once were we in any way disappointed in our choice of lodging. When you stay at a hotel that long, you really get to know the hotel. We had continuous excellent service from the front desk staff (Dave, Courtney, Bonnie, etc.) to the courtesy car drivers who always greeted us, opened the doors, were very polite on the numerous trips to and from the Mayo Clinic and Methodist Hospital as well as any other places we needed to go (Micheal, Jason, Robb, Addison, etc). The staff who cleaned our room (Mary, etc.) were very thorough, polite, and respectful of our specific needs. The beds were very comfortable. They allowed us to keep foods in the freezer which is important when all your family member can eat is popsicles or ice cream at times. The hotel was quiet, even when the rooms were all booked, our 7th floor room never once was bothered by noises. When the parking lot is full, they were very courteous and parked our car as well as retrieving it without ever making us feel like we were bothering them. They even had remodeling going on in the lobby while we were there and yet the lobby never felt "under construction", was always clean, warm, and welcoming. The breakfast was wonderful, quick, and nutritious for the mornings. Our numerous cards, packages, etc. that were sent from family and friends were all delivered to us promptly. When we return for check ups, we will definitely be calling our friends at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rochester.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 room suite which has 2 bathrooms. This was so nice as we had multiple family member...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy S
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your post about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to give you a little bit of home while you stayed with us for such an extended period of time. Being away from your home that long, especially during medical treatments can be a very stressful and tiresome time. I am glad to hear that we could help. We look forward to seeing your family again the next time you need to return to Rochester.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I needed to come to Rochester to spend time at the world famous Mayo Clinic. Taking a gamble, I chose the Hilton Garden Inn. From the moment I walked in when Mike and Jason made me feel so welcome to the excellent breakfast and Sherry's friendly smile, I knew it was the best decision. The rooms are super clean. The front desk staff is more than helpful, always smiling and offering to assist in anyway and not looking for a handout.. The morning breakfast is hot and fresh and always tastes so good. I'd strongly suggest this hotel for any trip to Rochester. Mike, Jason, Sherry, Bonnie will make you feel like the most important VIP day and night.
Keith R
Chicago, IL
11/21/12

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Keithrube1
Dear KeithR: Thank you very much for your post about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you chose to stay with us and that we will be your choice in Rochester again in the future. If there is anything that you would need prior to your next stay with us, please just let us know at deb.knox@hilton.com. Thank you again!
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times when traveling with my sister, a Mayo patient. From check in until check out, we have always had a very good stay. The rooms are always clean with very comfortable beds, and quiet so that we can rest comfortably. We look forward to the fresh baked cookies every night as our evening snack. The location is great for those visiting Mayo Clinic, and you have Skyway access for those that don't want to go outside during inclement weather. The front desk personnel have been awesome in helping to meet all of our travel needs.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1Carolina
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear 1Carolina: Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will stay with us again, should you need to return to Rochester. If there is anything we can help with prior to your next stay, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Maui
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our family stayed at Hilton Rochester for about 10 weeks during treatment of a family member at Mayo Clinic. We cannot rave enough about the staff, service, comfortable beds etc. The location is perfect for walking to clinics, pharmacies, restaurants and walks along the river paths. The breakfast buffet offered fresh and healthy choices, along with made to order omelets. I was really impressed with how they kept the food warm/cold as "germs" were a huge concern for our situation. The drivers of the courtesy car were respectful and informative on our daily trips to the various parts of Mayo. The front desk was helpful and willing to accommodate our special situations with a smile. Housekeeping was wonderful. While "living" there, they were very respectful of our personal items and our medical needs. I recommend this hotel without hesitation!

Room Tip: We had a room on the West side on a higher floor. It was quiet and had nice evening sunlight and gr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bel W
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Bel W: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to help you and your family during your extended time with us. I hope we made it feel a little like home. If there is anything that we can assist with, if your travels bring you back to Rochester, please just let us know at deb.knox@hilton.com. Thank you again for staying with us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my second visit to Rochester for appointments at the Mayo Clinic. I chose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn because my last stay was so warm and welcoming. What really blew me away was the fact that it had been over a month since my last stay and I was greeted by name upon arrival by Jason. I am not really sure what his exact title is because he seems to do a little of everything from providing a comfortable ride to my appointments in the town car to giving great advise for my evening entertainment. Another employee that stood out was Deb who made my breakfast in the morning. She made me feel right at home. I can be picky when it comes to food as my wife would surely support but Deb was very accommodating to my requests and all with a smile.
You can't walk past a single employee without being greeted. It's really cool. The hotel is very nice, clean and close to everything downtown. Overall a great place to stay in Rochester. Rochester is like a small version of Minneapolis with it's skyway system and great shops and restaurants. There is a great little comedy club just around the corner from the hotel. My favorite restaurant was located just one block away inside the Doubletree Hotel called Pescara. Holy Uff Da it is so good. It is a little more expensive than other restaurants in town but well worth it. Overall great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MrRico69
Thank you very much for your kind words about our Hilton Garden Inn. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even got to enjoy our sister hotel, the DoubleTree, by trying their restaurant Pescara. If you travels bring you back to Rochester again, I hope that you choose to stay with us. We appreciate it!
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pleasant family like environment. Close to good restaurants. Connectivity to the skyway. The rooms are clean and comfortable although the decor, like the rest of Rochester, is a bit dated. Otherwise Im struggling to meet the 200 charachter minimum

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank cimbaliw
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your post about our Hilton Garden Inn. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Rochester, we hope that you stay with us again. Thank you.