“Great Place To Stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times when traveling with my sister, a Mayo patient. From check in until check out, we have always had a very good stay. The rooms are always clean with very comfortable beds, and quiet so that we can rest comfortably. We look forward to the fresh baked cookies every night as our evening snack. The location is great for those visiting Mayo Clinic, and you have Skyway access for those that don't want to go outside during inclement weather. The front desk personnel have been awesome in helping to meet all of our travel needs.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Carolina
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear 1Carolina: Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will stay with us again, should you need to return to Rochester. If there is anything we can help with prior to your next stay, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our family stayed at Hilton Rochester for about 10 weeks during treatment of a family member at Mayo Clinic. We cannot rave enough about the staff, service, comfortable beds etc. The location is perfect for walking to clinics, pharmacies, restaurants and walks along the river paths. The breakfast buffet offered fresh and healthy choices, along with made to order omelets. I was really impressed with how they kept the food warm/cold as "germs" were a huge concern for our situation. The drivers of the courtesy car were respectful and informative on our daily trips to the various parts of Mayo. The front desk was helpful and willing to accommodate our special situations with a smile. Housekeeping was wonderful. While "living" there, they were very respectful of our personal items and our medical needs. I recommend this hotel without hesitation!

Room Tip: We had a room on the West side on a higher floor. It was quiet and had nice evening sunlight and gr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bel W
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Bel W: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to help you and your family during your extended time with us. I hope we made it feel a little like home. If there is anything that we can assist with, if your travels bring you back to Rochester, please just let us know at deb.knox@hilton.com. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my second visit to Rochester for appointments at the Mayo Clinic. I chose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn because my last stay was so warm and welcoming. What really blew me away was the fact that it had been over a month since my last stay and I was greeted by name upon arrival by Jason. I am not really sure what his exact title is because he seems to do a little of everything from providing a comfortable ride to my appointments in the town car to giving great advise for my evening entertainment. Another employee that stood out was Deb who made my breakfast in the morning. She made me feel right at home. I can be picky when it comes to food as my wife would surely support but Deb was very accommodating to my requests and all with a smile.
You can't walk past a single employee without being greeted. It's really cool. The hotel is very nice, clean and close to everything downtown. Overall a great place to stay in Rochester. Rochester is like a small version of Minneapolis with it's skyway system and great shops and restaurants. There is a great little comedy club just around the corner from the hotel. My favorite restaurant was located just one block away inside the Doubletree Hotel called Pescara. Holy Uff Da it is so good. It is a little more expensive than other restaurants in town but well worth it. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MrRico69

Thank you very much for your kind words about our Hilton Garden Inn. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even got to enjoy our sister hotel, the DoubleTree, by trying their restaurant Pescara. If you travels bring you back to Rochester again, I hope that you choose to stay with us. We appreciate it!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pleasant family like environment. Close to good restaurants. Connectivity to the skyway. The rooms are clean and comfortable although the decor, like the rest of Rochester, is a bit dated. Otherwise Im struggling to meet the 200 charachter minimum

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank cimbaliw
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your post about our Hilton Garden Inn. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Rochester, we hope that you stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton Garden for two nights on a recent trip- the rooms were terrific, the breakfast was top notch. Valet parking was a nice touch, your car is delivered to you right at the front door. Visiting Kelly the bartender made the night complete- the lounge is cozy and the service excellent! I will stay there again on my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gr70545
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear gr70545: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again when your trips bring you back to the Rochester area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked for a wedding as soon as I received the invitation. While driving to the wedding, I called out of a whim to check my reservation. It did not exist and my confirmation number was at home. Went round and round, re-booked at a $20 more cost since the wedding block was exhausted. The person on the phone offered me a 70% discount on a future vacation for my trouble. They then connected me to another person who said “unfortunately, there are no offers currently for my zip code.” Got to the Hilton and the clerk was top notch, honored my original fee and got us in our room. I remember pulling into the lobby and there was a knob which represented the one on the beds to adjust the firmness. I awoke in the morning and felt I was at the bottom of the bed. I looked for the knob and could not find it, looked again in the morning. I told the clerk my bed does not have the knob, he confirmed it was there and was covered by a Velcro flap. What the heck!!! I have to get beside the bed lift the bottom sheet, open a Velcro flap and adjust my bed. Also if you miss the sign in the lobby, there are no instructions in the room. After getting my original room rate, I was graced with the Rochester taxes and a $12 parking fee. Thanks for the parking fee Hilton, feel like I am in Minneapolis or a large urban city, did not see that coming until we paid in the morning. Staff was nice and helpful, accommodations were average and location was close to Mayo and nightly entertainment.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear BellCopter Jockey: Thank you for your post. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet all of your expectations. I have sent your post over to our General Manager so that he may look into some of your concerns. If there are any further comments that you would like to add or if you would like him to reach out to you directly, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com.
Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

One of the parameters which I use when evaluating a hotel, perhaps the barometer of its overall atmosphere, is the demeanor of its guests. All the guests I encountered at the hotel appeared friendly and at-ease, which speaks volumes as to the Garden Inn's overall atmosphere created by their competent and caring staff. Early in the morning, I needed to walk to the Rochester Convention Center a few blocks away since the skywalks were closed, When the concierge saw me walking out the front door, he asked me if I needed a ride, and took me in a limo right to the convention center door-- said it was all part of the service offered by the hotel.

Very unexpected, and very welcome!

Rooms very clean, and impeccably serviced.

I can't say enough how welcome the staff made me feel, even the bar staff were so friendly, it made you feel like you were going to a tavern that you had been frequenting for years. The homemade cookies (and the cookie-scented air) were a great plus, too-

I stayed here last year for the same convention, and there will be no way that I will ever stay at another hotel when I'm in the Rochester area.

Five stars just aren't enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Leo P
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your great comments about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return when the convention returns to Rochester. Thank you again for staying with us!