“Good food and service.”
Review of Hunan Garden

Hunan Garden
Ranked #84 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Has won best Chinese resturant in Rochester for many years, small and family run. Phone number 507-285-1438
“Good food and service.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Consistently good Oriental food in a pleasant atmosphere. Service is prompt. Carry-out service is great. Specials at noon and dinner are always a bargain!

Visited May 2013

Rochester, Minnesota
“Depends on what you order”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been craving Chinese food, good Chinese food ever since I moved to Rochester. I have to say that I haven't found anything that makes me not miss the great places in DC/VA, but that being said, Hunan Garden is one of the best around here. Their Happy Family and Triple Delight dishes are quite good, as is the Cashew Shrimp. My family loves their Lo Mein, Moo Shoo Pork, and soups (specifically egg drop and sweet and sour).

Their eggrolls are kind of blah, as are their fried wontons, but when I/we crave Chinese and need a fix, this is the place we call. For Rochester, the place gets an Average plus rating, not great, but certainly edible and with lots of variety to choose from!

• Visited June 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great food and ambience”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We used TripAdvisor to find a decent restaurant in Rochester as we drove through one evening, after flying into Minneapolis. We were in the mood for Chinese food, so we went to Hunan Garden. The food was great! Not too expensive, and nicely prepared and presented. The ambience and decor were great also - a super meal on short notice!

• Visited May 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Best Chinese in Rochester”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is where I always go for Chinese. The crab Rangoons are good, and the princess chicken is fantastic!

• Visited September 2012
Saint Michael, Minnesota
“Oriental food at it's finest!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Too many choices to try, but my, my, my, that would be fun! It's all good and a pleasant atmosphere to boot!

Visited June 2012