“Fast service, great sauces”
Review of John Hardy's BBQ

John Hardy's BBQ
Ranked #54 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The John Hardy sauce selection was great- hot to mild and each of them interesting. I appreciated the very fast service.

There are newer reviews for John Hardy's BBQ

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I ate at the S. location today. This was my first time eating at John Hardys. Man have I been missing out. Awesome food, fast service and best of all was our waiter Jason. He is the best waiter I have ever encounter while dining out. And I eat out alot.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were in Rochester this month and were pleasantly surprised by the great food here. We even came back on our second trip to Rochester, even though there are many restaurants to choose from in this area. The servings were so generous, I had to take some back to the motel with me and reheated it the next day in microwave. The servers are friendly and prices are very reasonable. The ribs and turkey BBQ were our favorite.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've been coming to John Hardy's for about 15 years, ever since I dated a guy that worked in Rochester. The guy is long gone, and I live over an hour from Rochester,but that doesn't stop me from enjoying some John Hardy's a couple times a year. Luckily my job brings me to the area...(OK I admit it, I volunteer to handle the Rochester area in order to have an excuse to go to John Hardy's). I always order the exact same thing... Beef platter, with macaroni salad and jojo potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. I used to make my boyfriend bring me takeout each time he came to visit...now whenever someone tells me they're passing through Rochester, I beg them to grab some BBQ for me. I've been known to drive over 60 miles just for dinner at John Hardy's. The place is kind of a dive and the service isn't fantastic, but the food is oh so delicious!!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited Rochester on a day trip, quite a nice town by the way, and I found John Hardy's on TripAdvisor. It is a great and real gem. Located in a slightly industrial area thee will be no finding any prefab kiddie parks nearby but do bring the kids as they need a change from the chain food as we all do. The selection of meats is great and the serving size is just fantastic. It is all real food and nothing is cold. A selection of vinegar-y sauces is the trademark. Try the Turkey is is zoo flavorful. Sure the booths are older as is the decor but that's the point! Like walking into another state.