“Go Here!”

John Hardy's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #34 of 307 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Best BBQ, and ham in Rochester. Don't let the building fool you.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

It's been years since I've been there... 12?! But I will never forget their hot sauce and pulled pork. SOO good!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The food and all the help are wonderful!!! I even have to take food back to Iowa for the family :)

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I first ate at Joh Hardy's BBQ about 35 years ago, back when John had his smoker cooking away inside an old ex-gas station/ repair shop. I think there were 3 whole tables in the place. John's long gone but his BBQ carrys on mostly for the good. The ribs, chicken and such are more greasy but the brisket is very lean and tasty. I love the mojos and their slaw. BBQ sauce is such a person, subjective thing. I love their sauces but am sure others will hate it. Nobodys wrong when it comes to BBQ.

Yes, the place is a dive, but it's a BBQ shack, man! You ain't there to eat the seats. If you want ambiance, this isn't for you.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

The place is a dive. Ripped booths, drafty windows, food on the floor, sauce on the menus. The portions are HUGE. The JoJo potatoes were pretty good. Prices were pretty good as well. I had the chicken and it was somewhat greasy. Their sauces leave much to be desired. It reminded me of the sauce you get with your crab rangoon.
I would rather drive down I-90 to Austin, MN to eat at Piggy Blues.

1  Thank eckabe