“Worst service I have ever had.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twigs Tavern & Grille

Twigs Tavern & Grille
Ranked #12 of 297 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rochester's only restaurant with a dedicated Gluten-Free kitchen. Discover a unique and exciting dining experience at Twigs Tavern and Grille. Locally owned, Twigs offers many delectable menu options in a warm atmosphere. Gather around our Hot Rock Grilling or enjoy several small plates. You and your guests will enjoy a truly memorable dining experience.
Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service I have ever had.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My experience at on April 21, 2013: Was seated upon arrival. Waited 20+ minutes for a server to finally come to the table to ask for drink orders. Ordered the combo platter on the "hot rock" for two. Received the dish 50+ minutes after the order. When we received the meal, it had unseasoned and bland meat. We were not allowed to add salt or pepper to the "hot rock" because of smoke concerns. After finishing the meal, the waitress came and got our plates and we waited another 15-20 minutes before deciding to ask for our check from a different waitress. I can handle the bland food, but the lack of service was something that will keep me away from this restaurant in the future. Not to mention it cost $70 for this horrible experience!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chad S
Taryn F, Manager at Twigs Tavern & Grille, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Twigs Tavern and Grille. We couldn’t be sorrier to hear about your experience. Pepper is unable to be used on the hot rock because it can burn. We do encourage our guests to season their meat as soon as they remove it from the hot rock and we apologize if this was not explained to you. We have tried every seasoning possible to find out that does not burn and are still looking into options as we know this is something that we want as well as our guests! We hope to have a solution soon! We have looked into your comments regarding your server and the service that you received. I can assure you that this type of situation will not happen again. We have used your experience as a reminder for our staff that they need to pay close attention to all of their tables to ensure that our guests are not left waiting for anything. Again I apologize and I hope that you will stop in and give us another chance. Please let me know if you would like to discuss anything further, taryn@soldiersfield.com. Sincerely, Taryn Ferguson

Rochester, Minnesota
“OK atmosphere; bad steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the hotel restaurant for the Best Western in Rochester, located several blocks from the downtown area across from the city park/golf course. The area is amid older, not very well-maintained houses...safe, but not upscale.

Decor was fine with earth-tones (a must with a name like Twigs, I guess) and a contempory look. Quiet and clean.

We had the guacipico appetizer, consisting of two small cups (2 oz?), one each of guacamole and bean/corn salsa...good taste but very small servings for two people. The chips were fresh, however, unlike a previous reviewer's.

Husband's Captain chicken was just ok; unfortunately the same cannot be said for my steak. It was mushy, as if over-tenderized, and totally tasteless. I now know what is meant by "tastes like cardboard". The waitress kindly removed it from our bill, which was only just. Also, the baked potato was not hot enough to melt butter and I'm pretty sure was a left-over.

We live in Rochester and are always looking for good lunch spots; this is not one. The kitchen needs help.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Taryn F, Manager at Twigs Tavern & Grille, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Twigs Tavern and Grille. We are glad that you enjoyed our décor and atmosphere. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We have looked into the issue with your steak, and have since changed the cut of meat that we were using for a much better option. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Guacapico and our fresh tortilla chips. Again, I apologize for your experience and we hope that you will visit us again soon. Please let me know if you would like to discuss anything further, taryn@soldiersfield.com Sincerely, Taryn Ferguson
rochester, mn
“Bland”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just sad. They have a beautiful setting, great outdoor space, and nice decor, but the food is just really MEH! The rock dishes are bland unseasoned meat with cloying sauces, the apps are just not quite there and overall, the food is underseasoned and poorly executed.

Oronoco, Minnesota
“Great place to meet friends for small plates or a meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I met friends after work to catch up on each others lives. I ordered a small plate of 4 skewered shrimp and a small spinach salad with dried cranberries & assorted veggies with a fabulous vinigarette dressing (I held the bleu cheese.). Everything was excellent. The server was attentive, did not rush us, was friendly and refilled soft drinks without being asked. My bill was $17. I will be back! One of these days I'll try the hot rock cookery!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy coming in and catching up with friends while enjoying our menu selections. We are so glad you enjoyed your Greek Chicken Kabobs and Cranberry Spinach Salad. We are thrilled with the excellent service you received from your server! We cannot wait to pass along your comments to our staff! Yes, the Hot Rock is definitely a wonderful cooking experience. We can’t wait for you to try it! See you soon! Sincerely, Taryn Ferguson
Orlando, Florida
“cook at your table, on a rock”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

An interesting concept--a very hot "rock" brought to your table to cook your steak, fish, etc. It's like fondue cooking without the oil.

• Visited March 2013