“Bait and switch”

Twigs Tavern & Grille
Ranked #12 of 305 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rochester's only restaurant with a dedicated Gluten-Free kitchen. Discover a unique and exciting dining experience at Twigs Tavern and Grille. Locally owned, Twigs offers many delectable menu options in a warm atmosphere. Gather around our Hot Rock Grilling or enjoy several small plates. You and your guests will enjoy a truly memorable dining experience.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I ordered food from this restaurant via a local, delivery service after reviewing the menu on Twigs website. The fish was supposed to come with grilled mushrooms and onions, according to their menu. Neither were included. They offer a side of wild rice, with no other description. What came was white rice with less than 5% wild rice , a much cheaper alternative, and not what I expected. They threw a lot of plain broccoli on top, which i did not order. Some of it was turning brown, too.

The pear salad was mostly iceberg lettuce, much of which had brown edges. A few leaves of spinach were thrown in, but some of those were badly spoiled.

When I called both the delivery service and then the restaurant, neither offered any type of discount or refund on the almost $50 I paid for this dinner, once all taxes and tips were added. Their only offer was to deliver some grilled onions an hour after the original delivery. Not acceptable!
The delivery service is one I have used before, with good results. However I would not order an expensive dinner through them again, because there is no way to send back something that is other than what was ordered.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

Came here only once so far but looking to go back. Unique way to cook your own meat on hot stones. I also had the perch with was great. Being from WISCONSIN I have had a lot of fish fries but was one of the best. Will be back soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

There for a wedding reception. The service was VERY slow, orders were wrong, kept being told 'no worries', but not getting the orders fixed. There weren't enough servers for our area, I'm sure that would have helped a ton with the service. Waited over 35 minutes for a beer. Food was bland, salads were good- but you can't good up iceberg lettuce with dressing!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

we were drawn to the "gluten free" menu for my wife, but there are much better choices in the area and we won't be back. things like freezer burnt butter and nasty old coffee tipped us off not to expect too much. I went with the ribs and my wife ordered the chicken. My ribs tasted like they were recently defrosted and microwaved with that "bad meat" taste, and my wife's chicken was plain with a very, very sweet sauce on the side. However she stopped eating when she kept getting a mouth full of nerve that was still in the breast meat. I can't imagine they will be around for much longer.

1  Thank njridlers1
Reviewed September 23, 2011

this is the kind of place where you go at any time and feel nice and casual or take a partner for a nice romantic dinner. The inside is very inviting and you can even sit outside at nite and be warmed by a cracking fire in a fire pit. The food takes a unique spin on using different ingredients to make a memorable mouth watering dish. They even have hot rock grilling where you can grill your meat on a 650 degree rock at your table. Their desserts were so decadent that you'll be savoring ever bite. A must eat if in the rochester area.