“Great surprise on a hungry afternoon”
Review of Sushi Nishiki - CLOSED

Sushi Nishiki
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We served authentic Japanese Cuisine and from simple to contemporary sushi rolls.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Located in a mall, adjacent to a carryout only chinese restaurant, I wasn't expecting a lot. I was pleasantly surprised however. Ordered the shrimp tempura roll (good, but avg), spicy tuna roll (surprisingly good), but the star of the day was to be the "Oasis Roll" Really outstanding flavor and inventive combination. Really nice lunch.

Service tried its best, but understaffed, though always friendly.

Definitely worth a try...

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I have a tradition of getting Sushi whenever we travel. So we were in Rochester for a couple of days and asked a local and they said Sushi Nishiki was one of the best. We decided to stop by and get dinner. It is in a strip mall which threw me off a bit. They only had the one waitress and the two sushi chefs working. She was the hostess and waitress for the entire restaurant. The menu was pretty limited. It seemed like they were overprices and really trying to sell you on certain items on the menu. The boxed meals were pretty inexpensive but anything else was pretty expensive. We tend to try new rolls and it was hard there because almost all of the rolls were $10 or more. They did have a few 'specials' but even the specials were nothing exciting. The one roll they had as a special was just $1 off. So it was $9 instead of $10. The food itself was just okay. I think they premake California Rolls. (I know if you are a sushi eater you are probably shaking your head, but I always get it!). They brought it out pretty fast and it didn't taste fresh. About 5 minutes later the other rolls came out. Luckily it wasn't busy so we got most of our dinner very quickly. The rolls were okay, they weren't anything special. They weren't delicious or amazing, they weren't anything to write home about. Overall there was nothing wrong with the experience, it was just okay. The service was good, everything was fast. The menu was expensive and selection seemed limited.

1  Thank dazyabbey
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I decided that tonight I needed sushi and tempura. Sushinishiki is located just of US 52 in a mall strip mall dominated by a super Target store. They have an extensive menu but I stayed with some of the tried and true - like a tuna roll, an Ebi Tempura (shrimp), and an Eel roll. I also had a Mochi vanilla ice cream. They pound sticky rice and fill it with ice cream. It is served cut into quarters with a nice pile of whipped cream in the middle and carmel laced over it. I thought everything was excellent and only wish I could have ordered more items. I thought the decor was attractive but I was struck by the fact that nobody was seated at the bar watching the sushi being made. Most of the diners were young with only one other couple somewhat older.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful variety of rolls, traditional sushi and saschimi, maki and futomaki rolls, and cooked items and bento boxes as well. I visit on average 4x/yr and have been trying to try at lest one difderent roll every time. I still have yet to be disappointed and I have been a patron since I found out they opened. I would go everyday if cost were not an issue. Fish is fresh, never smells like fish, and their creations are beautiful as well as delicious. I highly reccomend a visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I enjoy the atmosphere..clean.simple. minimal. Large variety..fun to try something new on a visit..Enjoy hot Saki with sushi! Try the tapioca smoothie..!