“Too many beers to choose from!”

Whistle Binkies On The Lake
Ranked #15 of 300 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Michael, Minnesota
“Too many beers to choose from!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food is fantastic, the drinks reasonably priced, and the choice of beers...incredible! Plenty of room for large parties, so you won't feel crowded and free, fresh popcorn, to boot.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Frank T

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good Beer List, Fun Place, Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The beer list was great and we had a lot of fun hanging out here. We all ordered food, they gave great portion sizes. The Onion Rings were good, but the sandwiches were just ok. A lot of meat in them but not a good balance and taste. I would recommend this place for drinks and appetizers but not so much for a meal.

• Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Our go-to in Rochester.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I really like Whistle Binkies. I'm a pasta person, and all the pastas I've tried have been good. The menu is pretty large and has good variety. One time, I was feeling adventurous and ordered a stir fry. Now, it's a pub, so I was very skeptical, but it was actually really good! The alcohol prices are very comparable for the area, and the alcohol selection is extensive. We went to their brunch once, with was pretty good, but the reason to go is for the Bloody bar. Personally, I loathe bloody mary's, but my husband and our friend were just blown away by it. They've also got a nice patio which looks out onto what I'd call more of a pond than a lake. But it's still a nice view. Definitely the place to go for solid pub fare and reasonably-priced drinks.

• Visited January 2012
Rochester, Minnesota
“Relaxation with a good view...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Thank goodness they had delicious Mahi Mahi and prepared it Cajun style for my boyfriend! Not always easy to find fish around town. I wanted something light, Turkey burger with mushrooms and Swiss (love that I can choose my meat and then the toppings, which are listed in print) and coleslaw. We sat on patio midday with no one around. It was peaceful with soft music playing. Will visit again and often.

Visited July 2012
Rochester, Minnesota
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a place my family goes more often than any other restaurant in Rochester. My husband enjoys the beer selection. My boys like the food and the sports on the televisions. I enjoy the variety on the menu and have never been disappointed. When weather is nice, it's enjoyable to sit out on the patio.

Visited May 2012