“Pescara - Dissapointing”
Review of Pescara

Pescara
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St SW and Broadway
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Rochester City Bus Depot.
Description: Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.
Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pescara - Dissapointing”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our first visit to Pescara in Rochester MN was just ok, we've had much better. The ambiance is wonderful, comfortable and pleasant. We started with the calamari and that was very good. We had the beet salad, also good..not spectacular. I had the scallops and they were fine. My husband had the steak which was extremely tough and a single $12 crab cake that was terrible. We shared the wild mushroom risotto which was the best thing on our table. The prices were astronomical really..seriously? The service was fantastic but overall, my husband's dinner was a bust. We love eating out and appreciate great food. We will just chalk it up and not go back to Pescara as it was disappointing.

1 Thank lori n
Xavi T, General Manager at Pescara, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dinner experience at our restaurant. I would very much like the chance to make up for your dining experience with us. We usually get rave reviews of our crab cakes, so I'm not sure what happened with yours, but I'd like to have the chance to either serve them to you again, or to offer you another choice to make up for it as you didn't get the value you had expected from it. As for the tough steak, I will forward your feedback to our chef and meat vendor to see what is going on with that.

At the end of the day though, your experience here at Pescara is my responsibility, and I would like to make up for your less than perfect evening. If you could call me here at the restaurant, or email me via Trip Advisor, I'd like to work something out with you so we can show you what we are truly capable of here. I'd very much appreciate a second chance from you though.

Kind Regards,

Xavi Torres
General Manager/ Sommelier

Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Destination Restaurant”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We may have been in Rochester on a thursday night for other brief business, but it was Pescara that we came for – the restaurant that has become for us a true destination dining experience, coming from an hour away in the La Crosse area, WI. The chef's dozen oysters was well-lined over ice and the west coasters tasted as fresh as though we were in a Seattle restaurant, our favorite seafood city. My wife's lobster bisque was deep and creamy carrying-over that essence of Lobster you hope for; my green apple and amablu salad, dressed in buttermilk, a crisp, well-cut contrast to a few of my stolen spoons full of bisque. All of this washed down with a fairly locally brewed Surly tap, and surrounded by a dim to dark well-appointed ambiance, makes Pescara a very worthwhile two and a half hour round trip.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Pricey, Tasty,”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our first time, came after reading reviews. This is an expensive place and items are ala carte. Hubby and I agree that the salad and sushi type appetizer were fantastic. Rizzato De Mair was uneventful although everything was FRESH. Wine was fantastic.

Table they sat us at reminded me of McDonalds, way too small and close to others, and then they try to cram these huge dishes on it. Waiters butt is right in your face when waiting on another patron next to you. Cute waiters, BUTT....is a little much!!

Very unusual to see the bartenders have to JUMP UP on top of the coolers behind the bar to get a new bottle.....????

Nice to visit, don't think we will return for the price with so many other fine dining places to visit.

Roscoe, Illinois
“Hmmmmm....”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've been to Pescara many times while in Rochester. My wife and I usually stay at the Doubletree, where Pescara is located, while in Rochester for Mayo visits. In the past, I couldn't say enough good things about this restaurant, and I've reviewed it here earlier this year. Our most recent visit was in August of this year. As usual, I grabbed some lunch while my wife was off having some tests done. Unfortunately, the food (my usual Mahi-Mahi tacos and Lobster Bisque) just wasn't up to par for what I've had in the past here. Later that night, my wife and I returned to Pescara for dinner. While the service was great, the food once again just wasn't what we've had in the past here. I hadn't said anything to my wife about my lunch experience, and she immediately commented that she was disappointed with the dinner, and wished we had gone someplace else. I was somewhat left wondering if there had been a management change between our January and August visits. It just seemed like the food quality wasn't the same, and that the place wasn't running as smoothly. I'm hoping that maybe we hit them on a bad day. We are returning to Rochester later this week and might give Pescara another go. If so, I will post a new review.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jeff0155
Xavi T, General Manager at Pescara, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Jeff,

I'm sorry that your last two meals at Pescara were not up to your expectations. Our Exec Chef Tony has been running the show here for the last two years, so there have been no changes in the kitchen, it seems like we dropped the ball on both of your meals though, and that's not acceptable.

I am glad to hear that you will be back in Rochester and will give us another shot. We have some new menu items for the winter that I am sure you and your wife will love, and we of course still have our fish tacos at lunch! Please call me here at the restaurant so I can make your reservation personally. Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know where we are doing well, and where we need to improve. It is good feedback like yours that helps us continue to succeed.

Kind Regards,

Xavi Torres
Albert Lea, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Stay at the Doubletree and dine at Pescara (in hotel lobby). Stayed here one evening while traveling the area, fresh fish options were plentiful - I opted for the mahi mahi which was wonderful! If you like the Bonefish grill, they offer the same type of sauce options here (although I would rate Pescara a step above the chain Bonefish). I had an early departure the next morning so I chose Pescara's breakfast buffet - also very good! The buffet was only $10 and included the Gouda hash browns I neglected to order the evening before. Although the breakfast buffet was a steal, bring your wallet for dinner - fish/salad/desert & 2 glasses of wine will set you back $100 after tip.

1 Thank Jade W S

Been to Pescara? Share your experiences!