“Dinner”
Review of Pescara

Pescara
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 302 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St SW and Broadway
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Rochester City Bus Depot.
Description: Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.
Kansas City, Kansas
“Dinner”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stopped here for dinner, between the three of us we had the Mixed Greens with salmon, Cioppino, Shrimp fra Diavolo, Garlic spinach and grilled asparagus. I didn't look at the wine list. Everything was good and the service was fine, total was over $80, atmosphere was slightly noisy.

• Visited May 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A nice upscale restaurant located within the Doubletree Hotel.

Very understanding of travelers and no need to pack extra clothes to dine in. We were very welcomed in our jeans casual dress shirts.

If you have the option Candace is a very good server who is knowledgeable of the menu and the preparation of the food.

They boast they has fresh fish flown in daily 6 of 7 days a week. It was evident by our meals as everything was top notch quality and prepared as one would expect for the price point.

We had the Lobster Bisque and Steak Tare tare for appetizers, fresh Mahi Mahi and Walleye for entrees. The sides do come separately in portions for 2 but we felt as though 3 could easily share them if not 4. I was disappointed I was not able to try the pineapple tarte for dessert but what we had was decent.

I think there may have been a bit of an off night as dinner did take a little bit longer than should have. Candace seemed to be working exceptionally harder than necessary so I suspect they were short handed the night we dined in as the next morning breakfast was very prompt and just as spectacular.

Breakfast was not as high of a price point and was a great value for what was delivered. They do offer a buffet breakfast as well as a full menu. We ordered off the menu as we are not typically buffet diners. I preface the next comment with I am a "foodie" who has also been to culinary school. The lobster benedict I had for breakfast was absolutely "spot on". The hollandaise was obviously freshly prepared and was the best I have had while dining out in a very long time. Perfectly prepared.

If you are in the Rochester area do yourselves a favor and treat yourself to Pescara.

Visited May 2013
Preston
“The best in the city”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would rate this as the clear top restaurant in a city with several outstanding ones. The selections are broad, and many fresh daily options are available. The mussels appetizer we had was equal to ones we have had in major 4 star restaurants in major cities. Everything was outstanding--including impeccable service. You will not be disapointed!

• Visited February 2013
Rochester, MN
“Best Fresh Seafood in the Midwest”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pescara is an outstanding restaurant, hands down. I have had the pleasure of dining there on multiple occasions and have NEVER been disappointed. Their daily variety of fresh fish is amazing for the relatively isolate location. The option to choose your preferred cooking style, sauce and sides gives you much more control of calories and flavor than is common in upscale restaurants of this type.

Highley recommended

• Visited April 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Steak and Salmon”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I picked up dinner from Pescara tonight and brought it back to my hotel. This food was just delicious. My partner had charbroiled salmon with asparagus and caper tarter sauce. I had the 10 oz sirloin with demi glaze, grilled asparagus and brie hash browns. Thankfully when I was placing my order the staff mentioned the hash browns no longer come with steak meals, contrary to what the internet site states. I would have been very disappointed to get my meal back without them. They are worth the extra cost. Food was done perfectly, flavors were full and satisfying.
We will be back.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Pescara? Share your experiences!