“Business dinner”
Review of Pescara

Pescara
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St SW and Broadway
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Rochester City Bus Depot.
Description: Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.
Galway
“Business dinner”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went here for a business dinner with colleagues. I found the service to be of a very high standard. Initially had an amouse bouche of what appeared to be green beans flash fried with garlic and soy sauce. they were very good, but the pods were inedible so what you needed to do was pick them up and pull the pod through your teeth, forcing out the beans.
There was also an amouse bouche of crab cakes which I would give a 7 out of 10, losing marks purely for being a little dry, but they were still very good.
Starter was a lobster bisque, which was plenty lobstery and creamy, and obviously well made.
Main course was a type of tomato based fish stew which was again good, containing prawns, scallops and walleye I believe.
Dessert was apple fritters which were very good, and finished off the meal nicely.
Portion sizes were very good and matched the food they were applied to eg. the cremy bisque had a small manageable portion, and the hearty stew had a slightly larger portion, but not too much.

• Visited December 2012

Memphis, Tennessee
“If in Rochester, go to Pescara!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

After several visits to Rochester, this restaurant is my favorite.
The sophisticated contemporary decor, and friendly staff make for a great
first impression on entering.
My waitress told me that everything was fresh and made to order, so they would
be happy to try to accommodate any special diet.
With Mayo Clinic just a 5 minute walk away, that is important for the many visitors who may have dietary restrictions.
I ordered salmon, which was perfectly cooked, and ended with their dense, and decadent chocolate pie with pistachios and cream sauce.
Though I don't have dietary restrictions, it was a special treat that was well worth the calories!
The service and food were excellent, and I highly recommend Pescara.

2 Thank Lee D
wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I dined there recently. The ambience was nice but nothing to write home about. We were seated promptly and the service overall was excellent. I was disappointed that there was no table linen. The table top looked worn out and scratched. The cutlery and glassware would have been more at home in a diner. We both had seafood. The presentation was good. The potions were right and we both enjoyed the dishes but again agreed that were not worth the price we paid. My overall impression is that Pescara is a nice restaurant but overpriced. I would not go back there anytime soon.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank vishwanat
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Comfortable dining room, good food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

During our visit to Mayo, we lunched at Pescara for the first time. The dining room was pleasant and the service was excellent. The lobster bisque is very good, as well as the bread, chocolate dome (chocolate mousse dessert), hamburger, and crab slider. We will return when we are in town again and try a few more things on their menu.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank LizaJane_12
Rochester, Minnesota
“Go for Lunch”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love their lunch menu especially the fish tacos, the crab slider and the lobster bisque. The dinner menu is good but pricey.

Visited October 2012

Been to Pescara? Share your experiences!