“Best Value in Rochester for Mayo Patients”

Brentwood Inn and Suites
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Very nice property for the budget minded traveler. Courteous staff, clean rooms and connected to the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Jack P

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Brentwood now has redesigned the breakfast room and the checkout counter. My room is spotless as usual. The redesign has made it much more attractive to me than before and i loved it before. Same great service at checkin also.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Illinois71
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here while an out-patient at Mayo Clinic. Would have been OK except that on arrival learned that they were remodeling so the free comp. breakfast would be limited. It amounted to cold cereal, dry donuts, and frozen juice set up on a folding table in the tiny lobby.

Room itself was OK. Probably 70's decor, but clean and had a modern TV set. Room looks exactly as pictured on the website.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasGin
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We booked a suite and the room worked as we need it to... nothing fancy but it was nice to have a "living area" with a couch and a refrigerator and microwave. However, I was disappointed in two aspects of this hotel: 1) parking... it was free but there wasn't enough parking and we ended up having to park on the street. Luckily, there was street parking otherwise we would have had to pay to park in the ramp. Parking was one of our the main draws to this property. The front desk recommended the street, so I assume this is a reoccurring problem. 2) The sofa bed was broken. We were not notified of this when we checked in, so at 10:30 at night when we went to use it, we called the front to desk to get sheets and blankets and were notified it was broken and there was nothing they could do for us. Next time I book, I am going to verify this before I accept the room.

Overall, I would stay here again for the convenience of location to Mayo as well as the price. The staff was also helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank agiasos
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Very close to the Mayo Clinic and Customer Service was top notch!

Room Tip: Very clean and more than adequate
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dleigl
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stay at this Inn on most of my Mayo Clinic trips and have never had a complaint. I once left an item in my room and upon my return it was handed to me with a smile at front desk. I love walking out of my room and down the hall to the subway elevator. Hit the button, down to subway and 5 minute walk past Methodist hopital and into the clinic All without going outside! Last but not least the staff is very nice and the rates at the Inn are reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Illinois71
Reviewed February 11, 2011

The Brentwood Inn and Suites is a good choice if you're looking for a convenient way to connect to Mayo. They have an underground tunnel that connects to any and all parts of the Mayo Clinic, shopping, restaurants, other hotels, etc. This feature is especially nice when it's in the negatives outside as we experienced. The hotel does have covered parking, but those spaces are usually at a premium. However the parking is still free, which is not easy to come by around the Mayo Clinic.
As far as the overall look of the hotel, it is a very basic hotel with no frills. The rooms are a bit outdated, although we had a very nice flat screen t.v. in the room. Other than the t.v., everything else needs some updating. The room was clean, but the carpets were dingy and could definitely be replaced or have a solid shampooing. The beds were nothing spectacular, but they provided a good nights rest. The hotel was very quiet as well, which isn't something you always find.
This hotel also offers a free breakfast, but unfortunately we didn't get to experience this feature.
In summary, this hotel is a good choice if you don't want to spend upwards of $150+ a night at another Mayo Clinic hotel. The underground walk way is invaluable during those cold Minnesota days too! In addition, be sure to utilize the free WIFI as well. Basic but practical is the theme of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business