“A home away from home”

Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Holts Summit, Missouri
“A home away from home”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Recently I was a patient at the world famous Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minasota , I had to come without my husband so I was scared and felt so alone , From the minute I checked into The Value Place the staff was so very kind and friendly that on days when I was just worn out and cried they were willing to listen and help in anyway they could . My room was spotless and smelled so fresh and clean , the onsite laundrey was a major blessing and the daily shuttle that ran from early morning till late evening was a great relief to me , not having to worry where to park was great , and everynight was quiet and serene , and I felt safe with the doors all being on the inside of the building , I am due to be seen again in 6-12 months and will definately stay with them again , the price and all the extras make it the best choice .

Room Tip: The second floor was just perfect for me
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Grand Forks, ND
Reviewed December 9, 2011

If you're looking for value, this is the place to stay. The room are impeccably clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to assist you. I've stayed here 4 different times and will recommend it to anyone who needs to stay in Rochester for more than 3 or 4 nights at a time. If you want luxury, then go somewhere else. This is for the economy minded traveler who likes cleanliness.

I'll stay here every time I need a Mayo Clinic visit.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the west end of the building as traffic noise from the highway leeches into the room...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank KenInND
Reviewed August 13, 2011

If your looking for cheap and clean this what you will get. The beds are hard as rock with no box spring just a mattress. Once we found this out we ask if we could get our money back so we move to different hotel. They agreed and we moved to higher class hotel. I can see how the hotel fits some people needs because it is very clean but we need a place that will be relaxing after Surgrey that I am having on Monday.

• Stayed August 2011
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Was there to go to the Mayo Clinic. Rooms were sparse to be sure, but for the value, it cannot be beat by any hotel or motel in the area. The staff were incredible and made you feel welcome anytime you saw them.

The vending machines and cost of laundry are a bit extreme compared to the price of the room, but not out of range of a normal hotels offering.

We have to go to the clinic again and will be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Shawn-n-Family
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I've had two stays at the Rochester MN Value Place for about 10 days each. The were pleasant and memorable.

I travel for work and my employer puts me up at 4 and 5 star hotels like the Ritz, they are pretentious and I don't care for them, True Value Place doesn't have the perks and amenities, but they more than make up for it in comfort and customer SERVICE!

The staff is nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL, their attention to detail, filling needs, and being welcoming and friendly are unmatched, they become caring friends as well as hosts. I can't thank Steve,Laura, Zack, and Cary enough for their hard work and fast response.

The rooms are A+ clean, the beds remarkable comfortable, the shower has great water pressure, the heat is self controlled, and there's a full kitchen, what more can you ask?

Trips to Mayo Clinic are hard, and when you get back you don't want hassles, you want to rest and relax, that's what the staff and property are all about. And hey, the room rate per WEEK is almost half as ONE night at the Hyatt or Ritz!

I'll be back when I need to be in MN and I'd recommend VP to anyone, the hotel is bare-bones, but they make their guests feel like a VIP.

Thanks for the stay!
Walt
Walt Anthony, San Francisco

San Francisco - Nationwide - Worldwide
SPELLBINDER ENTERTAINMENT
"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
415-771-6606

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank SFMagicParlor
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We came to Rochester because of treatment at the Mayo Clinic. Value Place is a short and direct drive (about 10 minutes) or you can use their free shuttle service. This place is clean and very well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. We were given free internet because we were being seen at the Mayo Clinic.
You can shop for whatever you need at Super Target across the highway, and cook your own meals. You get a full-sized fridge, microwave, and 2 electric burners. There is no oven, so bring your George Foreman Grill.
The building is very secure and I felt safe the entire time. The laundry facilities are clean and well-kept as well. We were very pleased with our stay and especially the price!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ejjohn
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I went there with my wife when she is pregnant in her third trimester,we lived in Value place for one week, and think that was just the place we want especially in a new city. Quiet,convenient location,free shuttle to Mayo clinic and even free high speed internet(they said we would be charged $10 for the high speed internet but they didn't charge me when we checked out), and that's only a little bit more than $200 for a whole week.

The laundry fee is $4 which I think is high.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple