“Leisure”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The overall stay was great!! Rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was fantastic and the staff were VERY nice! Its nice to be away from the business area and we would definitely stay there again as they have a shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic and hospitals.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rick J, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thanks for the nice review! We like our location on the north side of Rochester, we are the first hotel when coming into town from Minneapolis. It is a short 10-12 minute trip to the clinic and downtown. Our staff is readily available to help and assist our guests. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites-North in Rochester.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The first night of winter, and a tiring drive ended with a great night at the Hampton South. I must admit, I really like this chain - They always seem to get it right. I also love that they don't nickel and dime me for everything. The hotel was quiet, nicely appointed, and I slept well!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the kind review! We try and provide a consistent product at either of our properties in Rochester, North or South. Thanks for choosing the Hilton/Hampton brand.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Wonderful hotel for a trip to Mayo Clinic. Everyone was very friendly & helpful. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. We stayed right next to the pool, but never heard any noise. The shuttles took us right where we needed to go and even offered to take us to places in town other than the Clinic.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura G

Thanks for the great review. Mayo Clinic patients and their families are very important to our hotel. Our shuttle service is exclusive to our hotel and not a part of a group shuttle program. it runs M-F 6am-9pm. Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent Mayo Clinic trip/

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Very clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very informative about the city and mayo clinic. Very easy to use the shuttle to the hospital and picked us back up within 10 minutes of calling. Made a stressful visit a bit easier.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rick J, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thanks for the nice review. We will try and help you out on any recommendation you might need while staying with us. Our shuttle service can provide fast and efficient to the Mayo Clinic and other destinations around Rochester. Thanks for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent staff and rooms. I had originally planned to stay at a Comfort Inn down the street, but the receptionist totally ignored me so I left a went to the Hampton Inn. I was treated like royalty there by their wonderful staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hey, thanks for giving us a try! We love repeat guests. We do know that there are many choices for hotels while staying in Rochester. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stay at Hotels, usually Hamptons half of our lives putting on 50K miles a year. There is NO WAY this location deserves the "2013 Hampton hotel of the year award"?!
1. Check in desk clerk did not look us in the eyes once upon check in, did not seem to want to be there.
2. It is your "less than average" Hampton Inn at first glance.
3. There was a electrical outlet cover missing with wires exposed in our hotel room.
4. Lukewarm shower water. I have a rare condition (thus the reason for staying near the Mayo Clinic) in which the only way I can get my core warmed once I get cold, is A HOT SHOWER. This issue was never fixed the entire WEEK we were there and I endured unnecessary pain and discomfort on top of everything else I had to face while attending Mayo Clinic all week.
5. Room Heat did not work, had to turn the thermostat up to 78 before heat kicked on anything below that the airconditioner kicked in. Remember...this is NOVEMBER in Minnesota!??
6. Housekeeping was apathetic and neglectful. Towel on floor under the sink shelf that was there upon arrival was never removed, lazy job putting sheets on the bed, my spilled powdered eyeshadow stayed where it fell. Garbage can was left on the counter upon arrival. With these indicators I can't begin to imagine what ELSE was neglected...
7. Husband and I brought to the managements attention twice the chemical smell and burning effect on our skin from the hot tub, as well as the air which I had to almost run out of the pool area from breathing the fumes. I felt like I cold have vomited. We both had a sore throat the rest of the night and visible skin reactions to the harsh chemicals either used or not properly applied & tested. Both my husband and my new swim suits WERE DESTROYED! The chemicals had a disinegrating effect on the spandex as well as seriously faded them even after careful rinsing. So much for me having a hot tub to get warm in....
8. A good cup of coffee demands clean coffee containers and good clean filtered water. The coffee was aweful.
9. On a good note: When all this was brought to the attention of the Assistant Mgr. she was receptive and grateful and sincerly concerned and appologetic. Also, there were two young man, Mario & Matthew who were the MOST professional, attentive, sincere helpful young men that I have encountered in customer service in YEARS, they both deserve a promotion and raise considering what they have to work in and deal with. They are valuable employees and if Hampton doesn't keep and hire staff of this caliber they will continue to lose customers and business, starting with us.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rhonda C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Mabarley777,

Thank you for leaving a review of you stay with us at our property. We're happy to hear that you had enjoyable interactions with members of our wonderful staff! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a less than stellar experience otherwise. We always try to do everything that we can to increase guest satisfaction, and I'm sorry that we fell short of your expectations. We take your comments very seriously, especially in regards to our guests' health and safety, and I have passed them along to our staff in an effort to ensure that your issues are rectified for future guests. We thank you again for your feedback and hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Excellent service, cleanliness, friendly staff, clean everywhere, wonderful large pool and whirlpool, and very nice fitness room. And great breakfast. Nice to have the gathering place downstairs- complete with games and newspapers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the very nice review. Our commons area is a nice spot to watch some TV, play one of our games, or just visit in a comfortable spot. There is always a fruit basket ready, along with our 24hr coffee station, which includes tea and hot chocolate. Thanks again for choosing us!!