Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North
Sleep Inn(Rochester)
MainStay Suites(Rochester)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsmayo clinicshuttle servicevolleyball tournamentnorth sidecomplimentary breakfastcomfortable bedspool and hot tubhighly recommend this hotelexcellent staygreat place to stayminute driveking suiterestaurants and shoppingroom was largefree shuttlehotel staythe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed in a king size suite that was a very good size. We had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker and a very comfortable bed. We definitely made the right choice in staying in a suite. I had appointments at Mayo Clinic and wasn't sure how many nights we needed to stay so I booked seven. We ended up only having to stay one night and that was all that we were charged for. They were so nice at the desk. They had cookies at the front desk that they wanted us to take as soon as we checked in. There was no problem parking and it was free. They also told us about their shuttle service that we could use for Mayo and set up the pick up time for us. The only problem that we had was that it was kind of noisy in the hallway until almost midnight. I think that there were families there on Spring Break and weren't very respectful to the ones of us that weren't on vacation.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a suite if it's available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Egram
Andreas T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your great review! We are proud to be flexible for Mayo Clinic patients who are going through enough stress without having to worry about how many nights their hotel will charge them whether they need it or not. We look forward to seeing you again if you find yourself on another trip our way!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I checked into this hotel at the last minute as my stay at the Kahler Grand Hotel in Rochester turned out to be terrible! I should have booked the Hampton Inn and Suites Rochester, MN North first thing! The customer service was above and beyond, the rooms, dining area, pool and gym were spotless. Fresh coffee available all day and the icing on the cake...The free breakfast each AM, that included Gluten Free options! The staff allowed me to view the ingredients for the eggs and meat that were prepared and then went to the store to purchase Gluten free pancakes, muffins, donuts, and waffles. Amazed that they would go out of their way to make a customer happy. I have always had wonderful service at each Hampton Inn I've stayed and and this Hampton Inn delivered! I wish I could live there... seriously!

Room Tip: The kitchenette was spacious and clean. Large mini fridge, microwave, sink and counter space. Along with a desk with two comfy chairs, couch, coffee table and the best King sized bed. Spacious closets and vanity. Big screen tv with HBO. Room had two windows with heavy curtains to keep out the light. Room was quiet. Only four floors so it was nice to walk to the lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Annissa U

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We'd be delighted if you decided to live with us, though we suspect having a hundred plus roommates could be a little daunting from time to time. But hey, at least you'd have a pool and hot tub always at your disposal. Don't forget to give us a call next time you're in town; we may not be an ideal place to live permanently, but we'll certainly try to make it feel like home!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had a stay booked with HHonors point s for three nights. I called at 10pm on the night of my stay to confirm that I would be there around midnight. The front desk manager said "no problem and our room is all set!" Fast forward 2 hrs and when I arrive to check in, they have overbooked by one room and that happens to be mine! Wait, didn't I just call and you guys confirmed my room 2 hrs ago, didn't I have a reservation made a few weeks before, and I am an HHonors member who is supposed to be treated better than this! After a breif conversation with Dan, the general manager, we had to stay the night at the Comfort Inn next door which isn't the Hampton Inn by any means. We had to check out of that hotel the next morning, go to Mayo for the day, and then check into the Hampton Inn that night for the remainder of our stay. After a short meeting with Dan to clear the air and understand why a valued HHonors member was treated this way, he made sure the rest of our stay was a pleasant experience and didn't charge us the points to stay there for the 3 nights and even went above and beyond for the remainder of our stay. As far as the actual hotel goes, I stay in a lot of Hamptons and this one is definetly in my top 5 as far as up-keep and cleanliness goes. The service was fantastic besides our little issue and employees always had a smile on their face. I would stay at this property again and believe that our issue was a very isolated one! Highly Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan E

We apologize for the inconvenience you faced with us, one of the worst inconveniences there can possibly be so late at night when all you want to do is get checked in and get some rest. Though we did our best to make it up to you, it's still something that we try to not let happen, and it very rarely does. Please think of us the next time you're in town, we'll make extra sure we leave your room alone next time!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for several nights and had a clean, comfortable room with the standard amenities. I was disappointed to find that my room did not have a mini fridge or micro, which would have been nice. The pool area ws nicely maintained with plenty of towels and a good sized pool with steps to make it easy for the very young and not so young to enter. Likewise with the oversized spa. The breakfast area was nice and the food was somewhat above average. The Inn is a little far out on the north edge of town, but still an easy commute to the Mayo. We appreciated having the limo available to the Mayo.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite if you are staying for more than a night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Minnesnowtin

Thank you for your review! We'd be happy to set you up with a studio suite, which comes complete with 40% more space, a pull-out sofa sleeper, and a wet bar containing a fridge and microwave the next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in early April. The hotel is in a good location, just off the highway. I had a king suite at the end of the 4th floor, which was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bed was very comfortable, and the room had a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, flat-screen LCD tv, and plenty of available plugs to charge your devices (laptop, etc) - there is even a "beside" USB charger that worked great with my iPhone and iPad cords. Shower had a strong, hot flow, and the vanity area is well lit and has plenty of room for two. Breakfasts were very good, and the selection of hot-bar food varied each day. They even provided trays, so if you wanted to take your breakfast back to the room, it was no problem. Fitness center was clean, as was the pool. The front desk, breakfast, and housekeeping staff are excellent - everyone gives you a smile and truly works hard to make sure your stay is exceptional. The guest laundry has a new washer and dryer, costs $2 per load; front desk will give you dryer sheets for free. The WiFi in the room was strong (and I used it frequently). I had a rental car, but saw many people using the free shuttle - nice that they provide that service. One incident impressed me most about this location: there was an issue on Friday night with a set of guests in town for a wrestling tournament. The 12-13 year-olds were running the hallways and raising a ruckus until about 2am (while the parents partied). The next night, this hotel had hired security to walk the halls - you could hear a pin drop by 10pm. They couldn't really prevent the 1st night, but really stepped up and made everyone more comfortable the next. Nice job.

Room Tip: Hotel has very long hallways, so if you have an issue with mobility, you should stay closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aeflynn

What an amazing review, thank you so much! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities and staff! We apologize for the noise the first night, but we're glad we could make things better for the rest of your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Rochester!