“Newer Hotel, Great Find”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Rochester
Barrington, Illinois
“Newer Hotel, Great Find”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have stayed at this location several times in 2012 and 2013. We keep going back as it is a newer property, 10 in from Mayo and great service/staff. They have a shuttle to Mayo so they make it easy on you. Check in is so fast and the rooms are very clean. Breakfast is included and just what we want in the morning....something simple and light. We had stayed in other properties in the past which do not compare. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barrtravel
Andreas T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review! We hope to see you again next time you're in town. We'll keep breakfast warm for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Blair, Nebraska
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I hate staying in hotels, so I was not excited about going to Mayo and staying in a hotel, but I was in for a surprise. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful, and professional! I lost my mouth guard and one of the staff members went into the dumpster for us, only to find it still in a pizza box in the laundry room. Also, I always have trouble sleeping in hotels becasue I can't get comfortable, but the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. We had a suite on the end which I would recommend, since we hardly ever heard any noise from the rest of the hotel guests. The shuttle to the mayo was very nice and on time, so we never had a problem. Crowded at times, but nothing is perfect. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Southeast Corner Suite upper floors was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Andreas T, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We're very excited to hear we could turn around your negative view of hotels, even if for a little bit! It sounds like you had quite the adventure while staying with us, and we're glad that it all turned out okay. We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again next time you find yourself in town!
Wabasha, Minnesota
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Desk personnel were very friendly and extremely helpful. We attended an 80th birthday party there. Whatever we needed during setup and had forgotten, they gave us. Very rarely have I had such friendly and nice service! I would like to especially thank Logan for all his help, his smile, and wonderful personality...what a wonderful young man! Our room was upgraded which was very nice. It was very clean; nice bed & pillows. They whole hotel looked well taken care of. They breakfast was really good too. The pool area looked nice but we were too busy to use it. Would definitedly stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We're very glad that you had such a wonderful celebration with us and we look forward to hearing from you next time you make plans to stay in Rochester!
Princeton, Minnesota
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the third time we've stayed at this location in the last two years, and each time it gets better and better. Our check in was quick, easy, and convenient! The staff at this hotel was wonderful as well! Matthew was at the front desk both nights of our stay, and always offered a friendly smile and asked if there was anything he could assist us with. Such a nice experience!

Upon our arrival we received our room key and headed in to unpack and unload for the night. We were in town for a homeschool convention so it was just my husband and I. Normally we travel with our three kids but not this time! We booked a Standard King Size Room. (Room 126) and once we were in it seemed REALLY small. After a long day of walking around I so badly wanted to just soak in a nice warm bubble bath, but there was no bathtub. Standing shower only. We showered, went to sleep, and woke bright and early the next day to head back to the convention.

That night when we got back to the room. . .at 10:00pm. . . I again just wanted to relax in a bubble bath. I thought I'd try my luck and see if there was a way we could upgrade our room. Once again, Matthew was at the front desk, and more helpful than ever. I'm sure he thought we were nuts asking for a room change at 10:00pm, but he went ahead and switched us to a King Studio Suite. (Room 136). It was MUCH roomier, and had plenty of bathroom space and a nice bathtub!!!! Finally!!!!!

All in all a great stay, slept well, beds were cozy, rooms were clean, and breakfast was tasty! Thanks for a great experience! Sure we'll be back again and again!

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, be sure to verify what rooms have them verses stand up showers!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy,

We're happy to hear that, despite some setbacks, you had a good experience with us! We're glad you finally got that bubble bath after all! Next time you're in town please be sure to let us know exactly what you need to feel relaxed and we'll make every effort to make you feel at home!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel was clean, comfortable and met all of my needs. I was surprised that my room did not include a fridge and microwave (I just assumed all hotel rooms offer these amenities now). The staff did supply me with a fridge and microwave immediately. I actually used the business center and found that to be incredible. Hospitality was thoughtful and housekeeping was superb. The staff made it an exceptional stay and I will stay there anytime I am back in Rochester.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind review! We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Rochester!
Alexandria, Minnesota
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel staff at Hampton North Rochester is awesome. They bend over backwards to accommodate you while you visit Mayo. Get on the shuttle and they take you where you need to go. When you're done, call them and they'll pick you up. You won't need to drive around looking for a place to park and walk a long distance. There isn't an additional charge but please tip the driver. My husband and I don't see many do this and feel badly for the driver(s).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We welcome your kind words and are very pleased that you enjoyed our shuttle service so much! Our drivers are some of the most wonderful people you can find, and we hope they helped brighten your day! We look forward to seeing you again!
Passaic, New Jersey
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'll start off by saying that the hotel is in North Rochester and not in downtown. Which is exactly what we we're looking for. We had a bad experience with Aspen Suites in downtown and preferred a more suburban location even if meant driving the 5 miles to Mayo (10 minute drive). They also have a free shuttle service that runs efficiently and frequently to Mayo. Hotel staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, both the evening shift and morning shifts. They offered to place a microwave/fridge at no charge into my room. Rooms were in tip top shape and continental breakfast was plentiful and with variety. 24 hour free coffee (3 types) in lobby a big plus! They even provided a single serve coffee maker in the room with coffee pods! A real pleasure to stay here and highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ben,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We strive to make every guest feel just the way you did, and it's heartening to know we're doing well! Please don't hesitate to give us a call next time you're planning on coming into town!