“Best place to stay in Rochester”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stay here every time we come to Rochester to see the Ice Hawks play. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and they are Hawks fans. The location is perfect got all we need tip do on the area. Gotta love it.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Lisazar
Rick J, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for the nice review!! I am sure you know that our Assistant General Manager is a BIG Ice Hawk fan. I don't think she has missed a game yet this year. Are you coming back if they make it to Nationals? Love having Ice Hawk families staying with us.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Took my boys and my mom to this hotel for 2 nights in December. The front desk staff are all awesome. The shuttle driver is wonderful. He will take you to and from Mayo or anywhere you need to go. We had a car, but using this shuttle was even easier. I can't express just how nice everyone is in this hotel and little town. We will definitely stay again should we need to return to the Mayo. Great pool, great breakfast, easy parking, fitness center and business area all worked perfectly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and had a great room. I could see how the rooms next to the pool might be...
1  Thank joeybagz312

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your visit to Rochester!!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

our stay was unexpectedly extended due to a procedure that took longer than we had planned. when we learned that we'd have to move to another room the manager was very apologetic, offered our additional 2 nights for free, and presented us with a welcomed treat bag. despite being next to highway 52, there was absolutely no noise. both rooms had a refrigerator and microwave. there is a huge hot tub and the pool has equipment that assists non-ambulatory guests into the pool. the breakfast was very filling.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The staff at the hotel was super friendly and very helpful. The front desk and the drivers for the shuttle were excellent. The rooms were clean, the tv and furniture nice. The beds were on the firm side but not too bad. The breakfasts were good... they even have breakfast bags to go which were nice when the patient was fasting before a test (most of our stay). The only two things that I felt were cons... the rooms do not come with a microwave and refrigerator unless you go with the more expensive suites. They will bring a refrigerator for a regular room for no charge if you ask.... and I didn't like the alarm clock. I'd bring my own if we need to go back.

Room Tip: If you rent a regular room make sure to ask them to bring you a refrigerator. If you are a Mayo pat...
1  Thank ACS7296
Reviewed December 8, 2012

From the awesome front desk staff, like Rhonda - to the efficient, friendly and caring shuttle driver, this hotel is the best I have ever stayed at. Hats off to the management, you are a model in the ultimate customer service experience. The room was very clean; the pool area was also very clean. All staff was extremely helpful and courteous. This hotel has easy access to everything nearby. I will stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Rochester, MN.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Excellent service, rooms and entire hotel was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. I was under the impression it was a new hotel so when we arrived I assumed it was clean just because it was new. Nope, they told me it's about 4 years old.

I was very surprised that every staff member I interacted with was so nice and very professional. We were there for Mayo clinic and it seems they definitely cater to everyone's needs.

The room was very comfortable and the shower was truly relaxing after a long day at Mayo. We loved it so much we've already booked another stay since we have to go back in a few weeks.

Room Tip: They are fantastic with requests.
2  Thank champster117
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I utilized the shuttle service from the hotel to downtown Rochester for 2 days and it was just the most pleasant experience. The different drivers were helpful and informative. The only minus was the undercooked oatmeal on my first morning, the food was fine the rest of the time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business