“Weekend of Baseball in Rochester”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hotel was in close proximity to Mayo Field for NWL baseball games we came to see. Overall things are clean, however the mattresses were uneven,probably old or needed to be flipped. The pillows were virtually non-existent. They were so flat and when I asked for extras, I was told that all the extended stay customers have the extra pillows, so we were out of luck. The pool was fantastic, nice and big, plus the childrens pool area with palm tree and frog slide was super. Breakfast was pretty good, but monopolized by a couple of groups, so made it difficult to access.

May or may not stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows. Quiet area otherwise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor! Hope to see you in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

For yet another tournament, our team chose this hotel in Rochester as it was the only place in town with enough rooms not booked yet! The hotel seems more like a step up from a motel in the decorating, beds, hallways, etc. The pool area is a pleasant surprise as it is actually very large and has enough rooms for multiple teams and their families to be in there simultaneously. The hotel is attached to a Famous Dave's BBQ which was a plus as it was raining out and we didn't have to get wet going to dinner. The breakfast is bare bones continental. If you have time, I'd recommend walking across the street to the Perkins. We didn't have time, and made do with what they had. All in all, fine for a night, but it wouldn't be my first choice going back again. Mainly because I like more upscale places with plush, comfy beds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a TripAdvisor Review! Hope to be able to accommodate your group in the future.

Best Regards,

GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband chose this hotel for the pool for our 2 young daughters and the price. When we checked in for a 3 night stay, I was less than impressed with the room. The floor is stained, burned, and smells. I wore socks or shoes the entire time because it felt like it was greasy. I was cringing every time my 18mo old was playing on it. Then my husband lifted back the comforter and I saw a red stain on it! So gross, not sure wether it was blood or juice...didn't really feel like getting that close. Our sink in the bathroom had a rust stain in it. The remote was suppose to be one of those clean remotes that you can wipe down with antibacterial spray but I noticed dirt and smudge marks right away. My girls liked the kiddie pool although the spraying palm tree didn't work. Not happy with the overall stay and won't be coming back. I would rather spend an extra 30 dollars for a clean room.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ashmaher

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we doing. I do apologize for the stay not meeting expectations. We are working hard to address these issues to ensure they do not happen in the future.

Thanks again,

GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while she underwent testing at Mayo for a week. Very basic hotel but maintained well. Room was clean, bathroom clean and room had iron, iron board, coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge, and microwave. I had reserved a kitchenette but booked through a third party online service. When we arrived we received a basic 2 queen room. I went back to the front desk and was told I needed to discuss with who I booked with. When I questioned if any kitchenettes were available, I was told no so I didn't pursue anything further. The shuttle service was very convenient. I had to drive one day and the downtown area is confusing to out of towners. The parking fee across from Mayo was minimal. The shuttle ran really late 2 out of the 5 days but one day they sent an extra bus just for our hotel as the normal one was filled to capacity. All the shuttle drivers were great! We didn't use the pool as my daughter said it smelled VERY strongly of chlorine. The hotel employs challenged adults for their cleaning service and they were awesome! Only negatives would be the pillows are flat and the box springs need replacing, or hide them with a bed skirt. Free Wi-Fi, but limited channels and no way to rent a movie. Everything you need located within 15 minute drive. We need to return next month and I'll probably book here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisalisa02
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a TripAdvisor review! See you on your next visit.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pools have recently been re-done and are very nice. We had our dog along and there is a large grassy behind the hotel that is perfect for pets. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. I would definitely stay again.

1  Thank George S
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. We are happy you got to enjoy our newly remodeled pool area!!

See you next time!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at GuestHouse International for one overnight. Although the building and décor was a bit outdated, the staff was wonderful. Even though there was a 4-hour power outage on the day of check-in, the associate was polite and accommodated us to the best of her ability. The breakfast was good with waffles, hard-boiled eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, and cereal. There was a shuttle to the Mayo Clinic, which was a necessity. It seems the entire city is compassionate and understanding of patients and their families. I appreciated our stay!

Room Tip: We had two rooms, each with two queens. The rooms had a refrigerator, microwave, television, and fre...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it! Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Thanks again

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here for a wk, friendly and helpful staff. We had the room with the kitchenette and it was great. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. The kids loved the pool. Our room was cleaned only once for being there a week but they did replace the towels everyday. Will definetly stay here again.

1  Thank AmyV891
GHIRochester, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. I am happy to hear our kitchenette suite was accommodating for you! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a TripAdvisor Review!

See you next time!