“Not clean rooms...pool was okay”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband chose this hotel for the pool for our 2 young daughters and the price. When we checked in for a 3 night stay, I was less than impressed with the room. The floor is stained, burned, and smells. I wore socks or shoes the entire time because it felt like it was greasy. I was cringing every time my 18mo old was playing on it. Then my husband lifted back the comforter and I saw a red stain on it! So gross, not sure wether it was blood or juice...didn't really feel like getting that close. Our sink in the bathroom had a rust stain in it. The remote was suppose to be one of those clean remotes that you can wipe down with antibacterial spray but I noticed dirt and smudge marks right away. My girls liked the kiddie pool although the spraying palm tree didn't work. Not happy with the overall stay and won't be coming back. I would rather spend an extra 30 dollars for a clean room.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ashmaher
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we doing. I do apologize for the stay not meeting expectations. We are working hard to address these issues to ensure they do not happen in the future.

Thanks again,

Lynn Budahn
GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here while she underwent testing at Mayo for a week. Very basic hotel but maintained well. Room was clean, bathroom clean and room had iron, iron board, coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge, and microwave. I had reserved a kitchenette but booked through a third party online service. When we arrived we received a basic 2 queen room. I went back to the front desk and was told I needed to discuss with who I booked with. When I questioned if any kitchenettes were available, I was told no so I didn't pursue anything further. The shuttle service was very convenient. I had to drive one day and the downtown area is confusing to out of towners. The parking fee across from Mayo was minimal. The shuttle ran really late 2 out of the 5 days but one day they sent an extra bus just for our hotel as the normal one was filled to capacity. All the shuttle drivers were great! We didn't use the pool as my daughter said it smelled VERY strongly of chlorine. The hotel employs challenged adults for their cleaning service and they were awesome! Only negatives would be the pillows are flat and the box springs need replacing, or hide them with a bed skirt. Free Wi-Fi, but limited channels and no way to rent a movie. Everything you need located within 15 minute drive. We need to return next month and I'll probably book here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisalisa02
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a TripAdvisor review! See you on your next visit.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pools have recently been re-done and are very nice. We had our dog along and there is a large grassy behind the hotel that is perfect for pets. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. I would definitely stay again.

1  Thank George S
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. We are happy you got to enjoy our newly remodeled pool area!!

See you next time!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at GuestHouse International for one overnight. Although the building and décor was a bit outdated, the staff was wonderful. Even though there was a 4-hour power outage on the day of check-in, the associate was polite and accommodated us to the best of her ability. The breakfast was good with waffles, hard-boiled eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, and cereal. There was a shuttle to the Mayo Clinic, which was a necessity. It seems the entire city is compassionate and understanding of patients and their families. I appreciated our stay!

Room Tip: We had two rooms, each with two queens. The rooms had a refrigerator, microwave, television, and fre...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it! Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Thanks again

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here for a wk, friendly and helpful staff. We had the room with the kitchenette and it was great. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. The kids loved the pool. Our room was cleaned only once for being there a week but they did replace the towels everyday. Will definetly stay here again.

1  Thank AmyV891
GHIRochester, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. I am happy to hear our kitchenette suite was accommodating for you! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a TripAdvisor Review!

See you next time!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We traveled to Rochester to attend appointments at the Mayo Clinic. The room was clean and the staff were friendly and accommodating. We chose the Guesthouse due to the location which is close to the off ramps that will take you to the major shopping spots as well as restaurants in no time at all. It was a short ride to the Mayo Clinic and the hotel was quiet. While there we were caught in the snow storm and the Maintenance people were out clearing the drive and scooping the walks early in the morning to provide safety for the clients staying at the hotel. They were staff challenged due to the storm but they continued to give courteous service and provided us with what we needed with a smile. The only reason I gave a 4 was the pool temperatures were cool. We had a three year old and she became chilled using the pool after a short period of time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites and thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor Review. We really appreciate it!

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, very friendly & helpful staff. Shuttle to the Mayo was always on time. Clean comfy rooms. Pool & hot tub were very nice & relaxing. Will definetly be staying here again, whether for medical or non medical trips!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Shayna78
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor! Hope to see you in the near future!