“love chesters”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chester's

Chester's
Ranked #3 of 300 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“love chesters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

this is my go to for good food and drinks in rochester. when i lived there i was in chesters at least once a weekend for a while. chopped salad, ranch wings, banana cream pie, stoli doli martinis... can't go wrong.

• Turkish first
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Very pleasant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Arrived in Rochester and our hotel was not quite ready, so we walked over to Chester's to relax and have a nice lunch, which is exactly what we got. Food was great....server friendly and knowledgeable. Will definitely return!

Visited October 2012
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Not the place for conversation with dinner.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Food is good, prices reasonable. Very busy in the evenings. The noise level is more than distracting, it is so bad I wonder if it is at a dangerous decibel level! This is not a place for a business dinner or a special occasion since the noise is background noise not music or entertainment. The "outside seating is actually in a fenced off area of the indoor mall and is almost as noisy.

• Visited October 2012
Athens, Georgia
“Hair in the roll, poor to mediocre food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have eaten at Chester's several times and all were mediocre. The restaurant has a great location and has a inviting modern decor. If you just want a drink at the bar then this is the place to go BUT if you want a good meal go next door to Michael's. I was having surgery the next morning at Mayo and wanted a good meal. For some reason I decided to give Chester's another chance. My wife ordered a salad and I ordered a burger that was so overcooked it could have been a hockey puck. The real meal killer was when my wife bit into the roll and it had a hair in it.
Our waitress was on her first day of work and spent most of her time talking with her fellow workers and never checked with us if we needed anything, etc.
The table next to us also was having problems with their steak and had to return it to the kitchen. I was finally able to flag down a manager and explained the problem. He quickly disappeared and was never seen again! Finally, I found somebody that tracked down the manager and told us the meal was taken care of. The restaurant is noisy and in constant state of chaos, not the kind of place you would want to go before having a procedure at Mayo.
I do not understand how they stay in business and why they are always busy with so many other fine restaurants in the vicinity.
So, if want a good quite meal, without a hair in your food, eat elsewhere!

2 Thank ugaworldtraveler
Carmel
“Good solid food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We ate here a number of times. It is consistent, pretty standard fare. Good service. I'm trying to eat as ,much protein as I can so the meat and potatoes were about right. The wife like the ahi tuna and I thought the chicken although not exciting was very good. Maybe it's a Midwest thing but they definitely are not into a lot of vegetables, my only complaint.

Been to Chester's? Share your experiences!