“Chester's... a Great Experience!”
Review of Chester's

Chester's
Ranked #2 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Why Chester's?" We get asked this often and the answer is quite simple...it's a friendly, comfortable and traditional name. This is a direct reflection of how we want you to feel in our restaurant. The other connection we made is a tribute to the city, Ro-Chester's! We love Rochester and we're glad to be a part of this community. Comfort food, steaks, fresh fish, pasta you name it we have it!
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Whenever I visit Rochester, I make it a point to eat at Chester's. Their vibe is hip, the atmosphere, cool, service is good, but most of all their food is excellent. Allways crowded, and I know why, because of all the above. It's a great place to eat and enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Chester's

Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a good restaurant with a very complete menu. In Rochester for five nights and went to this restaurant three of the nights because it was consistently good. The bar is lively, the service is very good with extremely pleasant and attentive staff and if you go after 7:30 getting a table is a snap. Easy walk from all the intown hotels. Every dish we tried from the hamburger to the jambalaya was excellent. Not gourmet - just plain good.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We ate in four restaurants in Rochester and this was our favorite. It was quite crowded on a weekday night, so apparently, others agree! It was in a great location in the Shops near the Mayo Clinic. The menu offered lots of appetizing choices, and the food was well prepared. This will be our first stop for dinner if we return to Rochester!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This restaurant has a relaxing environment and a menu with a variety of selections. I have previously eaten lunch and dinner here and been very satisfied. We recently went for brunch here and I did not have a good meal. My selection was returned to the kichen and I then got to watch my husband eat his meal. When it was returned, there was still a problem. The host apologized and offered free dessert but at breakfast I don't want dessert. The wait person offerred free drinks but I just wanted a nice breakfast with my husband since we rarely are able to have a relaxing brunch . I think this was a problem with the equipment in the kitchen. I was not charged for my meal so they really did try to do service recovery but the money is not the issue...nothing replaces the lost opportunity. I will eat here again but perhaps not real soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I recently enjoyed another tasty dinner at Chester's with a few friends. Living here, I've been many times by myself, with my husband, visiting family and friends, and it's great for entertaining business colleagues. It's one of the liveliest restaurants in Rochester, with a hip, young vibe. The creative decor is attractive, and the food and service are always excellent (their seafood is especially fresh). In the summer months, Chester's outdoor cafe on the Peace Plaza pedestrian mall is a place to see and be seen. Who says there's no night life in Rochester?

Been to Chester's? Share your experiences!