“stay far away”

Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I don't understand how they have any guests at all with the customer service provided. The only good customer service person was Christopher. He is definitely worth more than what the compan y is paying. When I asked James about what happened to Anita, the supervisor, he rudely stated that she was fired for being inappropriate. I find that hard to believe as she was the only staff member besides Christopher that went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. Unlike the managers who have their noses in the air and act like their sh** don't stink. Stay far away!! You will regret staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Aura0204
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Aura0204,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My elderly parents and I stayed at this place for one week, over Labor Day 2013. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. We were well pleased. You can NOT trust your reservation, if you book a room ahead of time. We booked our rooms direct, a month in advance (as we needed a first floor handicap room). One week in advance we called the hotel direct and the Operations Manager said "yes" we have your room for you. When we got off the plane and into the hotel she told us we no longer had that room. Someone else was staying in it. Very unprofessional on the hotels part. I felt so bad for my folks. I had trouble with my toilet on Friday evening and was told the engineer would not be back until Monday to fix it and Maybe I could use the toilet in the lobby till then. When standing around the check in counter, I heard of other people having the same troubles as us. Their reservations were NOT being honored and others having. toilet problems. On the great side was our rooms. So very beautiful. Very very nice.

Room Tip: Room across from the fitness center/food center is noisy at all hours.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Candlewood M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Teresa4Sanders,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you were please with the look of your room. However, I am sorry for all the shortcomings on your reservations. We have taken your feed back and shared it with the appropriate team to ensure we are able to better improve our service going forward. We want our entire guest to always be comfortable in their rooms. Excellent customer satisfaction is always our top priority and I truly hope you would give us an opportunity again soon to better serve you. Thank you again

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not as good as all the other Candlewoods I stay in, first the thing that bother me the most wa sthe fact that the back door keep being left open and people who look like live there keep coming in and out so make sure your room is not close to the door! Second the smell!!! soooo true!!! is it so bad! Bad in the sense of who wants to smell curry while walking in the hallways? Ok now the front desk, they were not nice or bad jus average. I'm a priority member and was not ask to spin the wheel so that was not cool, you know as a member you kind of look forwrd to it even if its just to get a free water. Ok now the good. The gym area was great! and also the free washing area. So all in all an average stay at an average hotel. Ah and I got a handicap room without reguesting one and hate it! very weird lay out as everything is customize for handica, ask to be move but they couldn't accomodate me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear wearetheones,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property for two nights (Aug. 2 & 3, 2013). The entrance was not identified very well by lighting or a sign - possibly because of construction of another building at the entrance. It was dark when we arrived and I actually drove past the entrance. The hotel was sold out those nights and, even arriving late, we had several parking places to choose from. As other reviewers have stated, this is an older building with a funky layout. Checkihng in was fast and the person checking us in was friendly. The first thing I noticed on the way to our suite was the fitness room. We didn't use it, but it looked to be very well equipped. In the same area was the "cupboard" where you had a very good selection of food and drink items. You pay at the front desk, which was around the corner. I was amazed that everyone was on the honor system (maybe they have cameras to monitor the comings and goings). Upon opening the door too our "non-smoking" suite, the first thing to hit us was the odor of stale smoke. That smell bothered me throughout the night because it had permeated the bedding and pillows as well. Beyond that, the suite was very nice. There was a kitchenette (with full-size refrigerator, stove coffee maker, dishes, etc.), ample size desk/counter for eating or working, nice "living room" with couch, recliner and flat-screen tv, bedroom with closet, dresser space and flat-screen tv, and very cleen bathroom. There was also a closet in the living area that was large and had an iron and ironing board. Our suite was, as other reviewers said, updated and was modern. It was also on the side of the building overlooking the Interstate highway, but the noise didn't bother us all that much. I looked around for a outdoor place to sit and read on a beautiful day, but none was available. That was a bummer. This is an extended stay facility that has all anyone would want if staying a week or more. It is also in a good location with a real nice shopping area only a few blocks away. It is very convenient ot 35W and I494. Overall, this Candlewood Suites is a good value. Would I stay here again? Very probably, but would ask for a non-smoking room that has not been smoked in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the Interstate highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Gary_and_Sue_P,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your kind words on your room accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again.

Connie D

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at several Candlewood Suites in the past and haven't had a bad stay at any of them. Similar to the others, this one met our needs. The room and bathroom was comfortable and very clean. The kitchen gave us everything we needed. The building was very quiet, and we enjoyed a good nights sleep during our two-night stay. The fitness center and laundry rooms were clean. The cable TV was adequate and there's a DVD player in the room to watch movies, which you can check out at the front desk. The business center was about the only downer, as it paled in comparison to the other Candlewoods we've stayed at. It's just a desk in the hallway without a printer. Strange? Additionally, this place could use a second elevator because of the size of the building. The hotel has easy access to the Interstate if you are bound for downtown Minneapolis or the Mall of America. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Butzee,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It was a pleasure serving you and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We value your feedback as it allows us to continue to improve our services to satisfy our guest. We will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us. Again thank you

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked through hotels.com based on reviews and the free wifi. However, I would NEVER stay here again or recommend it to anyone.
When we first walked into the hotel, it smelled awful. It was almost like burnt, greasy hashbrowns, and it was nauseating. I thought once we got into the room the smell wouldn't be as bad, but it was. After about an hour it didn't bother me so much.
The first thing I noticed upon walking into our room was that the handles on the kitchen cabinets were disgustingly dirty. That just made it feel like everything in the room was dirty.
It looked like the room was recently remodeled, but it didn't seem very modern. The walls were stark white and uninviting. The bathroom had a walk-in shower with a low-flow shower head, which wasn't centered between the curtain and the wall, so you had to stand next to the shower curtain the entire time. The shower floor was flush with the bathroom floor, so water got outside of the shower area onto the bathroom floor.
I was getting ready in the morning and went to grab the hairdryer, but there wasn't one! What hotel room doesn't come equipped with a hairdryer? My husband called the front desk to request one, and was told they'd bring one to our room. After 20 minutes I called back and asked them if they were bringing one and the clerk told me they were having trouble finding one and that they were all "sold out". I didn't realize you had to order a hairdryer for your room!?
The one positive thing about our stay was that the room was quiet and the bed was comfortable, so we did get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHRISTINA B
Candlewood M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback and I am truly sorry you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We take great pride in ensuring each of our guests have a wonderful experience during their stay with us. I do hope you would visit us again soon and allow us the opportunity to show you how wonderful our newly renovated rooms are. Thanks

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked through my IHG points and got a pretty good deal on this hotel. The kitchen had a full size fridge/freezer, a microwave, one burner with a small pot, a sink, and utensils and dishes for two (I didn't check if you could get more dishes if needed). It even had a dishwasher. So if you're hoping to save some money on a trip, I'd recommend bringing a cooler or hitting a local grocery store to make a few meals yourself - or at least cereal for breakfast.

The "business center" was just a desk in a hallway with a computer and no printer, so that's a bit of a misnomer. Wireless internet access was free and fast. I didn't use the laundry or fitness center but both looked clean and well maintained. I also didn't realize that housekeeping was weekly, so if you need fresh towels you have to go to the front desk to exchange them yourself. Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were clean. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Candlewood M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and we would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#28 of 43 in Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield? Share your experiences!