“Pleasant Stay”

Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The rooms were quite good and the 2-day stay was very pleasant. Also helps that there are a few eateries very close to the property. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2011

By far one of the worst hotel experiences I've had in many years. From being given a smoking room by an apathetic front desk clerk, to then having a room that wouldn't cool off, to being ignored by hotel management and IHG management when I complained, this property represents all that is wrong in the hospitality industry. Avoid this property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve_N_018
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I actually stayed here for over a year - they have special monthly rates, you have to call the front desk directly to get them. Hotel was always very clean. The staff was always very helpful. All things considered, it was fairly quiet, although it was usually close to full, sometimes with a lot of kids. Room has a regular closet, which is much better for an extended stay. Laundry room is free to use.

I only gave it four stars instead of five because:
- they refurbished the rooms while I was there, but did not upgrade the CRT TVs
- the neighborhood is just okay (not much the hotel can do about it, but it is true). Not a terrible area, but not great either, occasionally there were panhandlers in the parking lot
- internet is OK, but kind of slow

The location is very convenient to the airport and to the Mall of America, if that matters for your stay.

Room Tip: call the front desk for the monthly or weekly rate
Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Arrived in the evening after a flight into MSP. The hotel is very close to the 494, which is really convenient. Check is was quick and smooth though there was noone at the reception desk. There was a phone and after my call I was immediately checked in.

The room was great, good bed, table/desk with two chairs and a complete kitchen. The bathroom was adequate, so all in all a good stay at a very attractive price.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Overall good value for the price. Our stay when well except for the day of our arrival. We were delayed getting to Minneapolis by 17 hours due to plane malfunction and having to rebook our flight. I called the hotel about 8 PM the day we were supposed to arrive and asked them to hold our first night's reservation, that we'd be there about 8 AM in the morning and would want our room immediately available to take a nap after coming in from a red-eye flight. I told them we'd be paying for the first night and not to cancel us. The desk gal said "No problem!" Well, we arrived planning to have our room immediately and were told it wouldn't be ready until after 10 AM. I told them about my call the night before but they acted like they didn't know anything about it (probably the message didn't get passed on). Fortunately we had friends who had arrived the day before at the hotel who allowed us to nap in their room. Unfortunately the hotel didn't try to do any "service recovery" for their mistake. We just weren't charged for the first night that they cancelled on us. Except for this mishap the stay went well and would recommend it as a good value place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Don't stay at a Candlewood if you have more than two people. Candlewood only guarantees you a room not the type of room even if you have more people than beds. I reserved a one bedroom that has beds for 4 people. The website lets you select the type of room and number of people and says nothing about this is not guaranteed. I arrived at the hotel and they said they only had studios that slept two people. I had to sleep on the floor. They said I was first on the list to get a one bedroom but it was the same story on the next night. They would have did nothing including not reducing the rate until I complained. They finally gave me another studio but at a lot higher rate than a one bedroom. This was alright until a man entered my teenage daughters room a 10:30 at night. The manager did make adjustments but the service and policy is unacceptable. I was even more disappointed with the IHG (Holiday Inn Chain). They did nothing to try to find me another room in the chain even though I am a priority club member.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed here for one night on a driving holiday - we visited the Mall of America.
Checkin was efficient.
The room was a good size - clean and comfortable.
The bed was advertised as queen-sized but we thought it was closer to a double,
Internet was free and worked well.
Candlewood Cupboard was well stocked.
Fitness Centre was good.
The only complaint was that it is right next to a public storage, so it seemed a little seedy. We had no problems, but was just a little uncomfortable.
Rate was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#33 of 42 in Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America

Been to Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield? Share your experiences!