“Good Hotel in a good location”

Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Dallas
“Good Hotel in a good location”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had a very short overnight stay before a trip to the Carribean. We were transiting in Minneapolis and picked this hotel for its location. Nice rooms, good staff.

They had a shuttle service to/from the airport which was a deciding factor since we literally had to leave at 4AM. For some reason the shuttle wasn't there in the morning but they had cabs called and waiting for the folks who were supposed to be waiting for the shuttle - which was a nice touch

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TRAAVELER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Omaha
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I've gone to my share of Four Points properties in the past few years and thought many were looking old and tired. I've even seen a few properties give up their Four Points franchise and become another brand - I suspect because maybe the franchise demanded upgrades to a standard brand appearance and some didn't want to pay.

This property has been nicely remodeled. From the outside, although repainted, you can tell the structure is not a huge property and on the older side. I had even read a review that someone complained that the rooms are small -- which they in fact are -- but the refinements and the upgrades done to the hotel make up for that in my opinion. The front desk staff were friendly, there were multiple big screen monitors in the lobby displaying important weather info, even a dedicated airport departure and gate display. I also liked that they had a media room with a huge (probably 70") flat screen with the news running, some comfortable seating near by and some computer workstations if that's what you needed. It was removed from the lobby, which was nice that you didn't have to endure endless foot traffic if you were trying to relax a little.

The hotel restaurant was on par with what you'd expect at a hotel restaurant. Moderately priced if not a little on the expensive side, but that's no surprise. Breakfast was good with a buffet and a short order cook who not only made omelettes but also offered to make my son pancakes when he told me he wanted some but none were available at the time (french toast was featured that morning). There was a lone server handling the whole restaurant (not a huge place) who was kept pretty busy handling the patrons, but she kept up and had coffee poured and water out before I sat back down from the buffet. Best thing here -- if you are an SPG member, buffet is 1/2 off. Can't beat that -- worked out to $7.50 I believe.

Rooms were on the small side but fulyl renovated with flat screen, new furniture and nice beds. Bathroom was about the smallest I've been in for an upper end hotel chain but it didn't give me any negative feelings about it when I used it. This property did their best with the size of the existing structure. Just prior to this stay I spent a night in another hotel chain who had a similar situation. They, however, had swapped out some of the furniture and threw up some new wall paint. It was obvious at this other hotel chain they had gone with the 'lipstick on a pig' approach. This Four Points property on the other hand has obviously made a significant effort from top to bottom. I was pleased. Been to too many hotel chains lately that want to charge and arm and a leg for their rooms only to put you in old, tired rooms with HVAC equipment that is on its last leg. Not so here.

I would recommend this property to all who are in the area for business or families looking to visit the Mall of America. They provide a shuttle service which as of this visit was running 10a-10p on the even hours (10-12p-2p-4p, etc) and the MOA is only a short 2-3 miles away or so. I did take cab back at one point and it cost me about $15.

One note about the indoor pool on property. If it is heated, it is kept at about 78 degrees. My kids didn't last very long before they decided to sneak into the hot tub as they were freezing. The hot tub is not normally for kids, but I stuck my fingers in and it was about as hot as a warm bath, so I let them go in for a bit. FWIW.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Montgomery, Minnesota
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have reviewed Four Points before and each time we stay, we are thouroughly satisfied with the hotel. It's quiet, very clean, newly remodeled and the staff is excellent! Nice restaurant too. New media area is a great ammenity.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our recently completed full renovation was designed with our guests in mind to make their stays as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Anything we can do to enhance your experience with us we are happy to. We look forward to welcoming you back soon with the same level of service and quality you have received from us in the past. Thanks again and take care!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are remodeled and quite nice. They're still doing a bit of construction in the lobby. Great value and extremely friendly.
Small point is the hdtv's in the rooms have an analog signal. Common and drives me nuts.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations and updates to the hotel. We invite you back to experience our beautiful new lobby and multi-functional media room as well. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 3, 2014

WARNING: These guys don't tell you about their extra charges, and pad their bill all over the place. 'Park & Fly' should be called Park & Rip-off. I left when they tried to charge me extra for parking, manager ran my card anyway, then tried to tell me I wasn't clear about not liking the way they do business. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank H H
We apologize for the unfortunate experience you recently had and any miscommunication that happened with our Park and Fly package. Our Park and Fly package includes up to 7 days of parking. After those 7 days the rate is $10 per additional day or $50 per week. If you have any additional questions or concerns about this or feel you were unfairly charged please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with accounting. We will be happy to review your bill to ensure you were charged correctly. Again we apologize for any inconvenience and hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
South Central Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Would have been a higher review if the shuttle van wouldn't have taken 45 minutes to get to the airport. Driver was nice...apologized for the 'delay' but I was sick so it felt like FOREVER. Check in took awhile too, for no particular reason. Otherwise.... Everything else was really good. Very comfy bed, like a cloud. My husband ate dinner downstairs and said it was good. (Not relevant to the review at all but the lobby furniture is lame and uncomfortable ). We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beach-Cowgirl22
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We really enjoyed our 2-night stay. Comfortable beds, great breakfast buffet (the weekend chef is great), pleasant staff and reasonalbe price. I do have one complaint about front end staff accepting graft from taxi service which is already overpriced, but I will take it up with the manager. And I think the shuttle service at any hotel should extend to family visiting nearby hospitals.

Room Tip: do not accept a room near elevator (common sense) since there was some sort of high schoo/middle sch...