“Horrible customer service from management”

Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
“Horrible customer service from management”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am a gold member of the Sheraton and travel often. I used to request to stay at Sheratons during business trips but after dealing with this location I will never stay again. Management was awful!!!!!! I booked through Kayak and when I checked in the lady said there was two reservations showing up and she accidentally cancelled the one that was paid in full. She told me she had to charge me again for the room but the manager would issue me a refund for the stay. I understand accidents happen and was fine with that. Well the manager never did refund it so I called and left him voicemails and never received a call back. Finally I started calling at 8am calling randomly throughout the day I finally reached him around 6:30pm. After telling him I left several messages he tells me, "I am a busy guy". He then proceeds to tell me that I was not charged twice an there was nothing he could. I offered to show him my receipts and he said that it would not be necessary since he couldn't do anything about it. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to and he said no and if I called corporate they would just give it back to him to handle. So after about 20 mins of arguing he "tried something else" and he found where I was charged twice! No apology nothing!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Kristij1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was the best Four Points I've ever stayed at. Nicely refurbished. Very helpful getting to and from the airport. Staff was friendly and the room was very comfortable. I would stay here again and wouldn't even look at another option in the neighborhood. Nice all the way through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, thank you for sharing. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our recent hotel renovations and updates. Our staff is devoted to quality customer service and we are looking forward to our next opportunity to serve you. Thanks again for your review and have a nice day!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the Four Points for a 3 night stay and enjoyed our stay. Travelled to Minneapolis and the Bloomington area before and the location was definitely as expected - easy access to the MOA and local area malls and just a quick 15min drive to downtown Minneapolis. Service was efficient during our stay - staff was very helpful and accommodating. The hotel felt updated, clean, and quaint. The room was very comfortable - cozy beds, modern desk and wardrobe, clear flat screen, and even a cuisinart single serve coffee maker. Overall, everything looked and felt very fresh. I would definitely stay at the Four Points again on a return trip to the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the July 4th weekend. The lobby and room were nicely updated, modern and clean. The location was great and convenient to MOA and IKEA. My biggest issue is that when we stayed there, the pool was closed (even though we had repeatedly been told the pool would be open July 1st). We had planned to stay here in May and ran into the same problem, but knew the pool would be closed so we made alternate arrangements. I called the hotel repeatedly to ensure it would be open, and even as late as June 28th they said it would be open on July 1st. When I called on July 1st, they finally admitted the pool still needed to be inspected before opening and of course by this time it was too late to find an alternate hotel at a decent rate. The staff was friendly enough, but when we asked about the pool they did not offer any apologies and I even had to probe further to find out we could drive (or be shuttled to) a sister hotel about 10 minutes away. It was nice to have that option but driving 10 minutes in wet swimsuits is far from ideal. I feel the staff could have been more sympathetic and offered up the alternate pool immediately.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My title pretty sums up what I have to say about this hotel. From arrival to check-in & check-out the staff at the Four Points MSP Airport were very professional, efficient, and provided outstanding customer service. I truly appreciated the free, timely shuttle to & from the airport, as well as to the Mall of America. The rooms are modern and the bed was very comfortable (I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud).

I have been disappointed with other Four Points by Sheraton hotels in the past, but this hotel did not disappoint. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Yale_Alum
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are happy you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service and found our associates to be helpful and friendly. Our team is dedicated quality customer service and we look forward to providing you with the same exceptional experience the next time you are in town. Thanks again!
Everett, WA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Late arriving flight lead to me being a late-checkin late-checkout guest.

Upgrades seem to have been made to make the lobby/common areas more pleasant. It shows, but it is very utilitarian.

The rooms are very nice with many eco-friendly/eco-friendlier features. A very nice plus in my opinion. Only gripe is bathroom is a little small. Conveniently located to 494 and 35W which is a plus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy you had a pleasant stay with us and found our latest renovations to be very enjoyable. We hope you chose to stay with us the next time you are in Minneapolis. Take care!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family stayed at four points by Sheraton on June 28th and 29th, ( right after I shopped a lot of stuff from Albertville), we checked everywhere before we left the hotel.
I noticed that someone ( room keeper) stole my new coach wallet and a pair of brand new leather shows. I noticed it until I got back home. I called a few days after, and they said that they can't find it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lily C
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay. Our hotel management has since contacted you several times and this issue was resolved as our guests safety and security, along with the comfort of their stay, are our number priority. We always take issues such as this very seriously and treat them with the utmost care to be resolved professionally and immediately. Thank you again and have nice day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!