“Cozy Convenient Comfort”

Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently stayed at the Four Points for a 3 night stay and enjoyed our stay. Travelled to Minneapolis and the Bloomington area before and the location was definitely as expected - easy access to the MOA and local area malls and just a quick 15min drive to downtown Minneapolis. Service was efficient during our stay - staff was very helpful and accommodating. The hotel felt updated, clean, and quaint. The room was very comfortable - cozy beds, modern desk and wardrobe, clear flat screen, and even a cuisinart single serve coffee maker. Overall, everything looked and felt very fresh. I would definitely stay at the Four Points again on a return trip to the Minneapolis area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the July 4th weekend. The lobby and room were nicely updated, modern and clean. The location was great and convenient to MOA and IKEA. My biggest issue is that when we stayed there, the pool was closed (even though we had repeatedly been told the pool would be open July 1st). We had planned to stay here in May and ran into the same problem, but knew the pool would be closed so we made alternate arrangements. I called the hotel repeatedly to ensure it would be open, and even as late as June 28th they said it would be open on July 1st. When I called on July 1st, they finally admitted the pool still needed to be inspected before opening and of course by this time it was too late to find an alternate hotel at a decent rate. The staff was friendly enough, but when we asked about the pool they did not offer any apologies and I even had to probe further to find out we could drive (or be shuttled to) a sister hotel about 10 minutes away. It was nice to have that option but driving 10 minutes in wet swimsuits is far from ideal. I feel the staff could have been more sympathetic and offered up the alternate pool immediately.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My title pretty sums up what I have to say about this hotel. From arrival to check-in & check-out the staff at the Four Points MSP Airport were very professional, efficient, and provided outstanding customer service. I truly appreciated the free, timely shuttle to & from the airport, as well as to the Mall of America. The rooms are modern and the bed was very comfortable (I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud).

I have been disappointed with other Four Points by Sheraton hotels in the past, but this hotel did not disappoint. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Yale_Alum
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are happy you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service and found our associates to be helpful and friendly. Our team is dedicated quality customer service and we look forward to providing you with the same exceptional experience the next time you are in town. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Late arriving flight lead to me being a late-checkin late-checkout guest.

Upgrades seem to have been made to make the lobby/common areas more pleasant. It shows, but it is very utilitarian.

The rooms are very nice with many eco-friendly/eco-friendlier features. A very nice plus in my opinion. Only gripe is bathroom is a little small. Conveniently located to 494 and 35W which is a plus.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are happy you had a pleasant stay with us and found our latest renovations to be very enjoyable. We hope you chose to stay with us the next time you are in Minneapolis. Take care!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family stayed at four points by Sheraton on June 28th and 29th, ( right after I shopped a lot of stuff from Albertville), we checked everywhere before we left the hotel.
I noticed that someone ( room keeper) stole my new coach wallet and a pair of brand new leather shows. I noticed it until I got back home. I called a few days after, and they said that they can't find it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lily C
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay. Our hotel management has since contacted you several times and this issue was resolved as our guests safety and security, along with the comfort of their stay, are our number priority. We always take issues such as this very seriously and treat them with the utmost care to be resolved professionally and immediately. Thank you again and have nice day.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked through a budget site. The site indicated pool was being renovated in May (it is now July). I called the hotel the night before to ensure that we could get 2 double beds. The staff was very nice, but never mentioned that the pool was unavailable. Discovered upon arriving the pool is under renovation. Person at the desk was very nice and let us know they were providing a shuttle to a sister hotel. That hotel was about 10 minutes away. It was very crowded, and waiting for a bus after leaving a pool is never fun. Hotel is smoke-free, but the rear entrance wreaked of smoke both morning and evening. I asked about the continental breakfast and was told that at the price we booked, breakfast was not provided. Staff was great and provided voucher for free breakfast. Pros: location, staff, beds. Cons: small rooms, can tell this hotel old, small tight parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience with certain hotel amenities as we are in the process of a complete hotel renovation. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our courteous and helpful associates. We hope you will see us again upon the completion of our renovation, set for later this summer.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after getting it off of Priceline. All the hotels downtown were booked so we thought that staying out by the Mall of America would be convenient enough with the light rail.

Initially I was discouraged when I saw the hotel's location, not really that close to the mall if one wanted to walk. But the hotel shuttles made up for it. They would pick you up from the mall or the airport and the wait was never that long.

The rooms themselves were quite nice and the staff pretty friendly. The beds were utterly luxurious. The only problem we had was we were put into a room that had an adjoining door next to a family with young kids. They yelled, screamed, laughed, cried... the whole gamut and we could hear it all. I called down to the front desk and asked for a new room. They instead offered to call the room next door and ask them to be quiet. That lasted maybe five minutes before they were yelling again. A second call to the front desk got us a new room.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel’s shuttle and our room amenities. We apologize for the disturbance you experienced and we have addressed this with our associates to ensure issues such as this are handled properly the first time. We hope to see you again during future trips to Minneapolis.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
Radisson Blu Mall of America
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport? Share your experiences!